Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worthing Rugby Union Thread

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Yeah, no other team in Sussex is even close, think Haywards Heath are around the 6th tier the rest are Sunday league standard.

There are a number in London 1, which is Level 6. Unfair to call below that "Sunday League", but certainly nothing to boast about. Let's not forget that Worthing are only in Level 3, which is a long way behind the Championship, which in turn is a long way behind the Premiership. Not the most impressive advert for Sussex rugby.

WRFC

Sep 9, 2013
Great attempt oop north in our highest ever league game! Although we lost by four points, we scored six tries to their four and came away with two bonus points. According to reports I read in northern local papers we'd have won if the game had been ten minutes longer!

The last time I looked the official WRFC website didn't have a game report (shame on them!) but apparently we had a player sin binned as well so a very promising start to league one. GO RAIDERS!

WRFC

Sep 9, 2013
There are a number in London 1, which is Level 6. Unfair to call below that "Sunday League", but certainly nothing to boast about. Let's not forget that Worthing are only in Level 3, which is a long way behind the Championship, which in turn is a long way behind the Premiership. Not the most impressive advert for Sussex rugby.
Yeah, no other team in Sussex is even close, think Haywards Heath are around the 6th tier the rest are Sunday league standard.

When I first moved to Sussex there was not much to choose between HH and Worthing but the latter's progress has been remarkable and they're the best team in Sussex by a mile.

A bit surprising considering how many Rugby clubs there are in Sussex and the wealth of the county. The money never seems to find its way into Rugby down here though.

WRFC

Sep 9, 2013
Is there any news on the new ground, heard its gonna be ok the field near going station

I went to a member's meeting a while back and they said talks were still ongoing with the would-be developers of the existing pitches, and also there is planning permission to sort out. They also said nothing could be done until the members had been consulted.

Personally I hope it doesn't go through. The ground is fabulous and the clubhouse is very good as well. The view over the South Downs is outstanding and it would be a real shame to lose it. A park in Goring won't really be the same!

Also the "village" of Angmering has been decimated over the past 10 or so years with thousands of new homes already built there. I feel sorry for those who lived there before the transformation.

Of course the money would come in really handy but I also think there is more to life than money.

PS I am not a Nimby; I live in Hove.

WRFC & Sussex CCC

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
After reading this thread i have decided to go an watch my local team this afternoon . Market Rasen & Louth RFC V Matlock, they are in East Midlands league 1 , level 6 . Only down the road with the weather set fair will make a nice change from the footie . Will post score later .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here