Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Worthing - officially the best British seaside town to move to in 2023

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Laura Mills clearly your definition of sh*T hole is different to others.

Worthing’s not perfect nowhere is, but following the Albion around the country for over 40 years there’s far worse places you could live in.

Unfortunately Worthing has had a tendency to shoot itself in the foot ( at times with a machine gun), the loss of wide ranging retail is a huge factor, clearly partly caused by the internet but also the fact that the Council let Tescos and Sainsburys move out of the Town Centre in the 80s and 90s respectively.

WBC could have compulsory purchased the Guildbourne Centre and given it to Tesco for exclusive use, instead of them moving to Durrington, and when Sainsburys decamped to Lyons Farm there was talk but nothing ever happened of them being sold Teville Gate to build their superstore, on the edge of the Town Centre.

It’s not rocket science if people come into Town for food shopping they are going to visit other shops as well 🤷‍♂️

Ms Mills why not try living in Croydon?

SteveU

May 31, 2022
Laura Mills isn't having any of this "best" business and has basically told The Sun the town is an utter shithole...

WORTHING was recently named the UK's best seaside town - but one disgruntled local says it has a horrifying dark side you won't see on picture postcards.​
Lifelong Worthing resident Laura Mills, 35, says the once thriving town has become a ‘complete dump’, with bored teens running rampage, stabbings and businesses boarded up.​

Jesus, she sounds like fun. Imagine just existing to slag things off and give snide low scores on trip advisor.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Laura obviously thought she saw a cheap way of getting advertising for her new business and the journalist had different ideas. Seems to be going well so far :facepalm:

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
It's a parody website, you fool! (and if it isn't, it obviously should be, as anyone who knows anything about Worthing with connecting synapses will know).

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Laura Mills clearly your definition of sh*T hole is different to others.

Worthing’s not perfect nowhere is, but following the Albion around the country for over 40 years there’s far worse places you could live in.

Unfortunately Worthing has had a tendency to shoot itself in the foot ( at times with a machine gun), the loss of wide ranging retail is a huge factor, clearly partly caused by the internet but also the fact that the Council let Tescos and Sainsburys move out of the Town Centre in the 80s and 90s respectively.

WBC could have compulsory purchased the Guildbourne Centre and given it to Tesco for exclusive use, instead of them moving to Durrington, and when Sainsburys decamped to Lyons Farm there was talk but nothing ever happened of them being sold Teville Gate to build their superstore, on the edge of the Town Centre.

It’s not rocket science if people come into Town for food shopping they are going to visit other shops as well 🤷‍♂️

Ms Mills why not try living in Croydon?

Waitrose & Lidl seem to do ok. . .I can get to Waitrose and back on a scooter nearly as quick as one can circumnavigate the hell hole that is Holmbush from central Shoreham. Choices. The big out of town supermarkets are purely a profit machine Though, forcing everyone to drive and killing high Streets.
Jesus, she sounds like fun. Imagine just existing to slag things off and give snide low scores on trip advisor.
@35 she's not old enough to have read that many Daily Mails, Actually, a weeks intensive brain washing would be enough To turn most!

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing exists to be slagged off, shirley? Is there any other reason why it hasn't yet been levelled to the ground?

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
In fairness (as I haven't been very complimentary about the crap town), Marsh was on the pier:

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
And here’s another fun being 😂
Jeezus, give us a chance, I just posted something positive about the place, for the purpose of balance (see above). I had a Friday night out in Worthing once, (it was hilarious, so I did have fun that night, making supercilious comments about the locals. We ended up in a club and started a slam session on what was laughingly described as a dancefloor. I also know someone who saw REM in Worthing, before they made it to the big time (obviously). I'm fairly confident he wasn't pulling my leg when he told me. There was also Sterns, a dance club venue on the hill, nearest train station was Goring, which briefly gained a following in the early '90s (showing my age), though it was hardly Cream or the Ministry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here