Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Worthing cafes / restaurants?

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
We're going to Perch on the Pier for my son's 18th and my niece's 40th - it looks great. My son is intrigued by the £65 steak ... he can carry on being intrigued, as long as he doesn't order it.
That steak intrigued me, so I had to look it up on their menu. It looks like it’s a 1kg sharing steak meant for two people.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Food served on a SLATE ?

I'm out.
A small flaw in an otherwise superb place. You eat cannoli with your hands so it’s not really a big deal. It’s wise to serve pastries on a slate as it keeps them a little cold.

They serve their meals on plates.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Is it still a dump?

I grew up going to school in Worthing. Couldn't wait to get out. I then ended up living there for 18 months in the mid-nineties.

Has it improved at all? I remember Tarring village seemed ok, and the west end of Montague Street kept threatening to become ok, but has it improved?

Went back recently on a Tuesday to watch a gig at the pier (free tickets) and the pubs were shite and dead. I'm sure someone will tell me where the beating heart is as I keep being told that younger people are moving there.

I live in Hurst, which is no picturesque village, but Worthing makes Hurst look like a fine Georgian Bath crescent.
Worthing is not a dump. It’s full of cafes and restaurants, bars and stuff to do.

The town centre is a bit dated but I prefer shopping there than Brighton. Much easier and quicker to get round. And shops are better stocked.

Lovely pier and seafront.

The more I see of it, the more I like it. And since I have worked in the centre of Brighton I have no desire to go there on my days off. Worthing ticks many boxes.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Where was that, out of interest?

Was it G-lite - https://g-liteworthing.co.uk/?
That’s the one. I went there with an Italian friend and he rated it. Believe me, he’s one fussy bugger. He recognised many of the Italian brands of drinks etc

Staff are Italian too, they were chatting away in their native tongue with my friend.

I liked the place very much.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Worthing is not a dump. It’s full of cafes and restaurants, bars and stuff to do.

The town centre is a bit dated but I prefer shopping there than Brighton. Much easier and quicker to get round. And shops are better stocked.

The more I see of it, the more I like it. And since I have worked in the centre of Brighton I have no desire to go there on my days off. Worthing ticks many boxes.

agreed, I much prefer Worthing to Brighton

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
We're going to Perch on the Pier for my son's 18th and my niece's 40th - it looks great. My son is intrigued by the £65 steak ... he can carry on being intrigued, as long as he doesn't order it.
That steak intrigued me, so I had to look it up on their menu. It looks like it’s a 1kg sharing steak meant for two people.
Having read these posts, I'm intrigued by this steak.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Never really explored Worthing before. Been to Crabshack. Which I enjoyed. Found a Sicilian cafe there today and had this beauty. My first Cannoli. Lovely place.

Any other restaurant/cafe recommendations in Worthing? I plan to explore more.

View attachment 163680
I recognise that utility jacket anywhere....

Clamp your true identity has been exposed....

You are Bob Fleming...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I recognise that utility jacket anywhere....

Clamp your true identity has been exposed....

You are Bob Fleming...

😂😂😂
Brilliant.
Unfortunately, that is my friend who joined me for the day.
Although I do own similar items. And am proud to do so.

Ahem, hgghh, hgggh, arse.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That’s the one. I went there with an Italian friend and he rated it. Believe me, he’s one fussy bugger. He recognised many of the Italian brands of drinks etc

Staff are Italian too, they were chatting away in their native tongue with my friend.

Great place - kids love getting ice cream there and the staff are always very friendly.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Damn you.

IMG_1192.jpeg

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I was always intrigued what a cannoli was after watching the Godfather. Had my first one in Sicily when on holiday.

Jul 7, 2003
The gelato from gLite is very good. They make it in house and they are always trying out different flavours.

As for Perch, I've not tried the end of the pier one but I feel the Lancing one has gone down hill since they started expanding their venues.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

So it’s not a dump then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here