Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Worthing cafes / restaurants?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Never really explored Worthing before. Been to Crabshack. Which I enjoyed. Found a Sicilian cafe there today and had this beauty. My first Cannoli. Lovely place.

Any other restaurant/cafe recommendations in Worthing? I plan to explore more.

IMG_9963.jpeg

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I’ve had a great English breakfast at Perch on the Pier. Vudu in Warwick Street also did a great breakfast.

I see Shafiques an Indian restaurant in Goring is still going, used to be a go to place for me and my brother when I lived in Worthing (last century) I’d be interested if it’s still good.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Is it still a dump?

I grew up going to school in Worthing. Couldn't wait to get out. I then ended up living there for 18 months in the mid-nineties.

Has it improved at all? I remember Tarring village seemed ok, and the west end of Montague Street kept threatening to become ok, but has it improved?

Went back recently on a Tuesday to watch a gig at the pier (free tickets) and the pubs were shite and dead. I'm sure someone will tell me where the beating heart is as I keep being told that younger people are moving there.

I live in Hurst, which is no picturesque village, but Worthing makes Hurst look like a fine Georgian Bath crescent.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Cafe tradional across from slug is decent for eggs benedictine,and for steak Macmillans is nice,crude is decent Mexican and although only just opened the place above the perch on the pier is high end ,knocks spots of etch so I've heard

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I’ve had a great English breakfast at Perch on the Pier. Vudu in Warwick Street also did a great breakfast.

I see Shafiques an Indian restaurant in Goring is still going, used to be a go to place for me and my brother when I lived in Worthing (last century) I’d be interested if it’s still good.
Shafiques is our goto curry, can confirm it's still excellent

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Is it still a dump?

I grew up going to school in Worthing. Couldn't wait to get out. I then ended up living there for 18 months in the mid-nineties.

Has it improved at all? I remember Tarring village seemed ok, and the west end of Montague Street kept threatening to become ok, but has it improved?

Went back recently on a Tuesday to watch a gig at the pier (free tickets) and the pubs were shite and dead. I'm sure someone will tell me where the beating heart is as I keep being told that younger people are moving there.

I live in Hurst, which is no picturesque village, but Worthing makes Hurst look like a fine Georgian Bath crescent.
I also grew up in Worthing and moved back here from Brighton after the lockdowns.

It's alright. It's not Brighton so no pub is going to be a den of activity on a Tuesday night.

It feels nicer than it did when I was growing up in the 90s. Still a bit grubby in places but that's true of most small towns.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is it still a dump?

You obviously didn’t make much effort, plenty of decent pubs around. Lacks bars/night clubs now but you can easily do a good pub crawl around town and surrounding areas.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Never really explored Worthing before. Been to Crabshack. Which I enjoyed. Found a Sicilian cafe there today and had this beauty. My first Cannoli. Lovely place.

Any other restaurant/cafe recommendations in Worthing? I plan to explore more.
Malt
Finch

Both pretty good

Moes does very good coffee, but it’s big and always pretty empty. Food is decent as well

Restaurants - Macmillan’s for steak, grill food pricey.

Crudo for Mexican very good.

Wings / chicken burgers at The Goose pub are very good

Jul 7, 2003
Or a boat
The compass bus 8 or 8A pass by the entrance to the car park at the Bluebird. Not the most direct bus from the town centre as it meanders through residential areas of Goring and Ferring to pick up the pensioners who can't walk far enough to get the 700. If don't have a bus pass then you might surprise the driver as they are not used to people who actually have to pay for their tickets on that route.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Is it still a dump?

Dont tell Dunky that about Hurst

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Is it still a dump?

Ah, yes. Everyone asked after you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here