Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Worthing cafes / restaurants?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
If you want good scran, large portions, good value.
Indigo by Steyne Gardens, part of Ardington Hotel.

worthingweird

Mar 8, 2023
Is it still a dump?

I grew up going to school in Worthing. Couldn't wait to get out. I then ended up living there for 18 months in the mid-nineties.

Has it improved at all? I remember Tarring village seemed ok, and the west end of Montague Street kept threatening to become ok, but has it improved?

Went back recently on a Tuesday to watch a gig at the pier (free tickets) and the pubs were shite and dead. I'm sure someone will tell me where the beating heart is as I keep being told that younger people are moving there.

I live in Hurst, which is no picturesque village, but Worthing makes Hurst look like a fine Georgian Bath crescent.
You wont be coming back then...

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Cannoli. My youngest has order pizza and desert from VIP.

Attachments

• IMG_2529.jpeg
    IMG_2529.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 36

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Born and bred in Worthing. Left there about 10 years ago. Have been back a few times and it seems far more vibrant and alive than it used to be. The Mahaan always served a good Ruby at closing.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
What's the Thieves Kitchen like nowadays? That was always the place we used to try to get into as underage kids. Is it now a Bills-like eatery or something?

Jul 7, 2003
What's the Thieves Kitchen like nowadays? That was always the place we used to try to get into as underage kids. Is it now a Bills-like eatery or something?
Thieves is a fairly standard large town centre pub with big TVs showing sport. Not my thing so I avoid it at night but seems to have a fairly decent daytime trade at weekends when I walk past.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here