Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst violence at the Goldstone ?

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I remember Oxford in HP. I can't beleave it was so many years ago.

I can also remember the serbet lemon Lacoste I was wearing that day.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The worst violence at the Goldstone without a shadow of a doubt was caused by Brighton fans themselves unless i missed something worse than 27-04-96 , saying that i doubt very much if we would even have a club if that had not happend , its a funny old game .

You say violence, but no fans were fighting, the Spurs game 78 was worse.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No violence..but I dont think peeps in west stand upper were very happy when Millwall decided they didnt want to get wet on the chicken run and decided to take residence in west lower....remember those games against Chelsea and Tottenham well

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The worst violence at the Goldstone without a shadow of a doubt was caused by Brighton fans themselves unless i missed something worse than 27-04-96 , saying that i doubt very much if we would even have a club if that had not happend , its a funny old game .

Disorder, but not violence, surely?

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Spurs 1978 would have been another Hillsborough or worse if the North stand was fenced . However the "trouble" in the North Stand at that game was the catalyst for the full installation of the pitch being fenced of .

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Southampton FA cup 86 I think. Packed Goldstone and police kept saints fans away from the ground until about half hour before kick off. When they arrived about 5000 of them the place erupted into a great atmosphere. Not much actual trouble in the ground but after down by Hove station was any absolute free for all. The North end of Goldstone villas was a battlefield. Brighton fans were well up for that one and surprised the life out of saints. Argus reports saying Brighton fans were the main aggressors. Mental.

D

Deleted User X18H

Of course the Lincoln disorder in October 96 could have been the most disastrous ever for the club.

Imagine being relagated by two points. (or one) I assume the appeals process was exhausted by the time May came around.

And no one has yet mentioned Orient Feb 97.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yeah I know and was agreeing with you that the violence was worst in 78 v Spurs which led to the fences going up
And York City was more of a protest than football hooligan/violence

Sorry TS my mistake :facepalm:
Sunday morning brain not even in first gear!
Spurs game was pretty scary as i was 13 at the time, but even at a young age i had heard rumours that this was going to happen. I was in the South Stand for this game and came home unhurt.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
View attachment 47622
The 44th anniversary of the start of World War II was marked in Brighton by a day of vioence, when the home team met Chelsea. Fans rampaged the Goldstone Road ground, and smashed a goal crossbar when they invaded the pitch. * Eight policemen were hospitalised.

Or maybe Spurs in 78 which led to the fences being put up around the Goldstone
Everyone knows that Chelsea game the real action happened Friday night and didn't it just.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here