Votes: 14 5.8%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 31 12.8%
  • Jamie Carragher

Votes: 19 7.8%

• Total voters

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
A million times Garth Crooks. It's not just his lack of actual insight that bugs me (almost all pundits suffer it every know and again), it's the way he launches into anyone that disagrees with him, using the classic 'however talks loudest must be right' approach.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I feel the same about people who start a statement with the word "listen". Look, I AM listening bucko. Now you'd best get on with it because I assure you, I won't be for long.

On to the poll then. I admit I have sat on my sofa open-mouthed at the catastrophoc landslide of boulder-shaped 24-carat DRIVEL which erupts forth from that odd, over-gesticulating shambles known as Garth Crooks. This is a man so grotesquely bloated with his own sense of self-importance, and enlightening, razor-sharp perception of the game, that every one of his questions is framed in the manner of an extensive, tedious droning monologue about pension reform from a minor minister at a Tory party conference. This will usually result in a one-word answer, "yes" or "no". That is if the interviewee hasn't already collapsed through malnourishment halfway through, or has simply given up the will to live.

Then theres Mark (not so) Bright. A man who has somehow carved out a professional career through an innate ability of stating the absolutely bleeding obvious, and yet framing it in such a way as if to present it as an extraodinairy pearl of wisdom hitherto unheard of in the realms of football co-commentry or studio analysis, usually before reverting to complete gibberish. Vaguely reminiscent of a small child who has managed to spaff his own handprint in lurid green paint on a scrap of paper, and is now keenly bringing it to you for your approval, so you can pin it on your fridge.

One of those. Or Townsend. Bloody Townsend.

All of THIS :lol:

Crooks makes me want to stick my foot through the telly whenever he opens his mouth. One day he will LITERALLY burst out of his shirt live on TV - someone needs to tell him he went up several shirt sizes at least 10 years ago

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Thankfully, being abroad means that I don't have to listen to many of these clowns, but Garth Crooks on Final Score is dire. And Gary Bailey - what a tosspot - just be thankful he did not stay in England!

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Owen. Mind-numbing cliche-ridden monotone crock of shite. Have been known to not watch games on BT when he's in the chair.

Top shout, his voice just grates, it is like a dentists drill, no value or insight and utter monotome drivel 99% of the time. Another one not mentioned is Ray Wilkins, abysmal co-commentator just wastes valuable air time ar5e licking totally average players.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Top shout, his voice just grates, it is like a dentists drill, no value or insight and utter monotome drivel 99% of the time. Another one not mentioned is Ray Wilkins, abysmal co-commentator just wastes valuable air time ar5e licking totally average players.

Yes, this. Does my head in.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Mark Bright, probably the thickest pundit out there.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Mark Bright.

By an absolute MILE. It has NOTHING to do with Palace. It's his HORRENDOUS personality, his saying "ooh" or "oof" in the background whilst the game goes on.

His PATRONISING BILE that he comes out with during the game.

Hate hate hate.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
A million times Garth Crooks. It's not just his lack of actual insight that bugs me (almost all pundits suffer it every know and again), it's the way he launches into anyone that disagrees with him, using the classic 'however talks loudest must be right' approach.

Great shout. Horrible man.

He will state something which he thinks is profoud with.gaps.between.each.word.to.emphasis.it.

"The thing is Gabby, If.they.don't.score.a.goal.in.this.game.then.they.won't.win.the.football.match"

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
And while I'm at it....let's add MARK HALSEY to this crapfest.

Someone at BT Sport decided "what is the most contentous arguements during matches? I know. It's wanting to understand just why a ref has given a certain decision, let's put a ref on the commentary team".

Fair enough. However they hired Mr Halsey. Some matches I watched nothing contentious would happen so...in absolute DESPERATION to actually make use of his fee they would turn to him when the ball wen't out for the throw in.

"What do you think of that that decision Mark?"

"oh. ummm...that's come off Agger last so that's a great decision by Chrissy Foy".

Yep. That's right. He drops in his CHUMMY names. Horrible.

And THEN there was the Utd Palace game where the foul was CLEARLY outside the box but a pen was given. In all fairness it happened quick and was a hard decision. However they turned to Mark for his view. About 10 replays showed it was outside and his ref mate had, technically, made the wrong decision.

"So mark, That should have been a free kick shouldn't it. Not a pen"

"oh....ummmm...well I think Marky Clatters has had a big decision to make there"

"But it's clearly outside isn't it. Isn't it mark."

"Ohh...ummmm...well.....Marky's given the pen".

At this point Steve McManaman was going SPARE at Halsey.

I think Halsey's been demoted now.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Carragher is awful, I do think Neville & Redknapp are the best

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Other, for days I have be swapping between Mark Bright and Garth Crooks but I think I have eventually gone for Crooks a complete and utter bellend!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here