Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Worst Performance Since?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
This was a game for Murray. An inexperienced championship team would have been dealt with far better by the old campaigner.

Andone didn't really have a clue today.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Thought we did OK without an end product. WBA came to do nothing and achieved that. Another day we'd have won by three. Disappointing maybe but won't lose sleep over it tbh.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
This was a game for Murray. An inexperienced championship team would have been dealt with far better by the old campaigner.

Andone didn't really have a clue today.

He rather demonstrated the old adage that players are better when not playing. People were decrying his non-selection against Liverpool and Man U and then he does that against West Brom youth

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can sum that game up easily. We defend much better than we attack and today we made attacking so complicated and slow. Rubbish going forward today imo, really frustrating game. Burn’s debut the highlight.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I honestly feel for folks dragging their kids along for an introduction to a BHA matchday experience.

Yes, i know a couple who did -what a mess. and to think that one of the alleged advantages of opening up the ground bit by bit was supposed to be in their favour. I am all for encouraging news fans- that must be good for the club - but today managed to cheese off season ticket holders and new fans alike after such an abject performance.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Tried to be too cute with every final pass, it's as if our players (mainly our front three) had the attitude that their superior status would see them past the minnows of 2nd in the Championship.

Not sure why Knockaert is getting the brunt of it, Locadia was just as bad. Twice he had golden opportunities to square it comfortably to players making unchecked runs into the box and both times he chose to smash it into the closest man because he simply wasn't aware of his teammates.

Kayal also seemed confused as to what he was supposed to be doing and was flailing around in frustration more than Knockaert.

Players obviously desperate to make an impact and break into the side, unfortunately a case of trying too hard which has left us with an unwelcome replay to squeeze in.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Tried to be too cute with every final pass, it's as if our players (mainly our front three) had the attitude that their superior status would see them past the minnows of 2nd in the Championship.

Not sure why Knockaert is getting the brunt of it, Locadia was just as bad. Twice he had golden opportunities to square it comfortably to players making unchecked runs into the box and both times he chose to smash it into the closest man because he simply wasn't aware of his teammates.

Kayal also seemed confused as to what he was supposed to be doing and was flailing around in frustration more than Knockaert.

Players obviously desperate to make an impact and break into the side, unfortunately a case of trying too hard which has left us with an unwelcome replay to squeeze in.

I didn’t go, but Cantor/Aspinall essentially said a similar thing. They felt that Bissouma/Kayal/Knockaert/Locadia didn’t keep it simple with passing, all anxiously over doing it and playing poorly, with Andone’s performance summed up by an air shot.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Didn’t see any of it, but struggling to see how it could have been worse than our last performance at their place.......

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It wasn't even in the same ballpark as that performance.

I agree. I've seen far worse.
It was a poor game but give West Brom some credit for their defending. They made it hard for us to get a shot away.
Yes there were some mix ups, with passes going to where they thought players should be, but that's because it was a mish mash of squad members.
West Brom knocked Liverpool out of the cup last year.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
League 1?

The Hyypia era?

Obviously on a wind up. Did you go?

My first game for many a year...yes we missed some easy chances to put it away but now I can see how many posters here are on a wind up. Please tell me you are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here