Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Worst Performance Since?

bhafcjack

Nov 3, 2018
Brighton
Thought we were the better team just auful in the final third. Gross should of come on and Murray and Gyorkes should of come on earlier. Defensively and in midfield we seemed quite open but were saved by poor West Brom end product along with great defensive performances from Duffy, Button and ecpseically Burn.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Well I can look forward to another game on reddit streams midweek. And I am still hopeful of progressing to the next round, as there might be 2 similar teams playing.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
First half was a lot of the style of play West Brom are used to in the Championship. Long balls, lots on the air. Where we exploited them was the sharp, incisive passing plus the technical skills of individual players. That's where being in the PL gives you the edge.

Second half they came out and started playing the right way - but then tried to walk the ball into the effing net every time!

If I had to sum up the game in one word? : Wasteful.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Thank god we only had to pay £15 to watch that and get wet.

Don`t think I`ll be rushing to get replay tickets !!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
It was by no means a great performance, but nowhere near up there with our worst. I'd call it "poor" after a very good first half hour.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Totally OTT. Frustrating, not good enough, plenty of minuses but a few real positives (Burn debut, Yves first half, Victor doing well). No where near as bad as many, many of our away performances, especially.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
First half was a lot of the style of play West Brom are used to in the Championship. Long balls, lots on the air. Where we exploited them was the sharp, incisive passing plus the technical skills of individual players. That's where being in the PL gives you the edge.

Second half they came out and started playing the right way - but then tried to walk the ball into the effing net every time!

If I had to sum up the game in one word? : Wasteful.

Hi, did you enjoy the trip out and the game though? I gave this FAC tie the swerve. Did I miss much?

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Frustrating not to score but worst performance worthy?

we've all seen matches where our players looked absolutely allergic to the ball, today we were good apart from the winning bit!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Hi, did you enjoy the trip out and the game though? I gave this FAC tie the swerve. Did I miss much?

You missed not a lot...

I sat three rows further back than my ST seat, and didn't like it. I clicked on 'Parking - Bridge Car Park' and it gave me parking in Sussex Uni on the ticket (which is like playing vehicular snakes and ladders..), I got drizzled on to crap walking to and from the car, and I had hot chocolate instead of Harveys as I'm dry January.

Aside from that, yeah... chuffing dandy!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He's been like it for 18 months, no end product, no vision, no consideration for the rest of the team, just head down like my dog until it runs out of grass. Very average corners as well.

I can’t quite believe how shit Knockaert was today

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You missed not a lot...

I sat three rows further back than my ST seat, and didn't like it. I clicked on 'Parking - Bridge Car Park' and it gave me parking in Sussex Uni on the ticket (which is like playing vehicular snakes and ladders..), I got drizzled on to crap walking to and from the car, and I had hot chocolate instead of Harveys as I'm dry January.

Aside from that, yeah... chuffing dandy!

I going to the next run of PL games, sitting in the NS. Hopefully back to normal service, with our first 11 up for it from the get-go. :smile:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Not quite as bad as being made out. There was a point during the game I thought 'this must be what its like to play us'. They defended very well with massed numbers in the box and we couldn't get through as not Andone's game, this was a day for Murray. Not a single premier league side will play like that against us, so it was strange for our players and we couldn't work it out.

At WBA's place there should be more onus on them to push up and we could get a bit more space behind. Nevertheless, well done WBA

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This thread is useless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here