Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Worst penalty ever?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Did I dream it or did Craig Maskell have a horrendous penalty miss in front of the North Stand at The Goldstone?

I seem to recall it bounced twice before it reached the keeper 😂

Might be wrong though 👍

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can't be arsed to find the clip, but vividly recall Neymar onetime chipping the ball straight into the keeper's hands. Keeper just stood there :lolol:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Are any players allowed in the penalty area before the ball is kicked? I thought no one was allowed into the area in which case, plenty of those should have been disallowed for encroachment (see #4 in the 10 examples video)? Unless, the attacking players are allowed in the box, but I don;t think they are.

Fiskmås

Jan 2, 2020
As a 6-year old my footballing career came to an end when I slipped and managed to hit a penalty straight to a throw in. You’re not very popular among the other kids when that happens, believe me. 😁

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Are any players allowed in the penalty area before the ball is kicked? I thought no one was allowed into the area in which case, plenty of those should have been disallowed for encroachment (see #4 in the 10 examples video)? Unless, the attacking players are allowed in the box, but I don;t think they are.
You aren’t allowed then inside 10 yards which is why there is a D on the penalty box as well as not allowed in the box defenders or attackers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here