Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

worst live band/performance youve seen?

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
had a conversation today at work during break about dodgy bands youve seen.i saw the style councils 2nd gig at the brighton centre in the mid eighties and i can honestly say that i walked out to the bar after 10 mins as they were that bad.
my mate said he saw the psyshedelic furs and they were appalling. just seeing if anyone had been let down by a bad performance or been forced to leave a gig early due to them being shite! your thoughts?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
John Cooper Clarke at Uni. He was so so pisspoor.

the mighty Kaliphs supporting Black Grape at the Event 2 in 1995

The Damned in about 1999/2000 at Concorde 2. Shockingly awful

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
The Sisters of Mercy at Rock City Nottingham last year really embarrasing to say the least.

Meatloaf at the NEC (i am not a fan, the Mrs and step son are) why does the fat **** bother :nono:

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Saw the Stone Roses at the centre just prior to their breakup, basically just Ian Brown and some session guitarists - they were shocking, oh, and The Shamen at Radio 1 Roadshow

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
Two gigs from the '70s stand out for their god-awfulness:

Uriah Heep at the Dome circa 1974. My ears bled for days afterwards;

Refugee (a self-styled super group featuring Swiss keyboard player Patrick Moraz who also had a spell in Yes) at the Fairfield Hall, probably also around '74.

For sheer pomposity and dullness, a gig by Simple Minds in Bristol around 1980 would be hard to beat. Still don't know how they managed to get away with dry ice in 1980.

In more recent years, I was hugely disappointed with a Dylan gig in Vienna in 2004, but he more than redeemed himself this May in Berlin. Sparklehorse a few weeks ago was rather dull, but inevitably suffered by comparison with the wonders of Dylan and Wilco, who I'd seen the previous week.

maidstoneseagull

Jul 21, 2004
Maidstone
Hurricane No1 weren't very good when I saw them, don't think they could be bothered but the Union Bar Maidstone was not one of the country's stand out venues to be fair.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Rod Stewart at Old Trafford a fair few years back - however he was ill at the time.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
John Cooper Clarke at Uni. He was so so pisspoor.

the mighty Kaliphs supporting Black Grape at the Event 2 in 1995

The Damned in about 1999/2000 at Concorde 2. Shockingly awful

I know John and he has 'a bit' of a drug problem! No excuse but he has had some problems.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
it was the spring of 2007

should've left during the interval
brighton V doncaster

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
The Wonder Stuff at The Brighton Centre early 90's

WORD!

It was awful (if it was the Hup tour which you are refering)

I was so convinced it was the venue that I and a mate went to the Pompey gig at the guidhall (a few days later? a week? can't remember) AND paid tout prices (they added an extra £2! the swindlers!), and I must say it was a fantastic gig, on of my all time faves at the time.

I hate the Centre, this was what done it for me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here