Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WORST holiday destination you've ever had the misfortune to visit

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yes, you wouldn't to go to Llandudno for the weather - or indeed anywhere in Wales. But North Wales isn't grim at all, been there loads of times and there's some fantastic countryside to walk in.

If your idea of a great place is somewhere where every third person is a smackhead or a brass, then, yes, it's a great place. If I were 16 or 17, I'd have thought that it was 'edgy' but once I'd grown up, I recognised it for the hell hole that it was. I decided to quit the place when I was having breakfast at my hotel and saw some bloke OD on a bench about 30m away: the ambulance arriving for him was my signal to leave.

And there may be a myriad bars but you can't drink in them - one evening when I spent close on two hours trying to get served in bars without any success was a lesson to me. I spent my time in the hotel room with beer from a supermarket - really not my idea of a good time. Fine, if it's your sort of thing but it wasn't for me

barcelona was a dump of the highest order,i got shot at there,had hotel room robbed and mugged as well.
i have no intention of ever going back to find out if its cleaned up.

i dont have much luck sometimes on holiday though,a bloke jumped off the Eiffel Tower one year and landed on my picnic

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm off to Sutton Coldfield in the morning for a couple of days, I'll let you know.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
barcelona was a dump of the highest order,i got shot at there,had hotel room robbed and mugged as well.

Yep, reckoned that if I'd stayed another couple of days, a mugging was on the cards. Like I said, I have no intention of ever going back. I'm not massively wild about Paris either, although I do like France generally - never witnessed a suicide there though (although I did see a bloke felled by a branch that broke off a tree in the Bois de Vincennes)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

i dont have much luck sometimes on holiday though,a bloke jumped off the Eiffel Tower one year and landed on my picnic

Are you Karl Pilkington ?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Santa Susana on the costa brava. Even some of the kids had tattoos, I shit you not.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
1 week or 2? Guaranteed sun tan so I'm told, enjoy :thumbsup:

Just 2 days I'm afraid, then its off to the slightly hilly and very wet Lake District...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
a bloke jumped off the Eiffel Tower one year and landed on my picnic

Gendarme: "Where did he land, Monsieur?"
Pastafarian: "In the pate."
Gendarme: "Canard?"
Pastafarian: "You can say that again."

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
easy - Magaluf

went there before uni with a group of mates under the premise of drinks, sun and a laugh - and its absolutely grim. made the mistake once and never again. not sure what i was expecting to be fair, but nothing as bad as that

18-30 places are the pits - the bars are split down the middle, with the blokes watching preseason football down one end and the women watching eastenders down the other. place was full of geordies and those grim party planner/club promoters everywhere. local food is kfc or kebabs - just the worst kind of thing imaginable

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
For those saying Blackpool, what exactly did you expect? I get that Blackpool isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it can't be a surprise? For the record, I think it's a right laugh but I wouldn't want to spend a week there.

The thread title says 'holiday' ie a week or more....

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Hmmm, I will obviously have to revisit Llandudno 40 years on. Can't imagine the weather is that much improved though!

Don't remind me of Wrexham, I have to go there in two weeks time for work. It's Grim Up North (Wales).

Agreed. It rains every day of the year in seaside Rhyl and, completely ludicrously you have to sunbathe upside down, looking AWAY from the sea.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I took a girl out to a French restaurant. She had frog's legs and a chicken's breast..... but a smashing personality.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
easy - Magaluf

went there before uni with a group of mates under the premise of drinks, sun and a laugh - and its absolutely grim. made the mistake once and never again. not sure what i was expecting to be fair, but nothing as bad as that

18-30 places are the pits - the bars are split down the middle, with the blokes watching preseason football down one end and the women watching eastenders down the other. place was full of geordies and those grim party planner/club promoters everywhere. local food is kfc or kebabs - just the worst kind of thing imaginable

I'm guessing you didn't pull then ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here