Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WORST holiday destination you've ever had the misfortune to visit

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was struggling to think of bad holidays but, although I had a good time as I got to see my family I second (or it might be third now) Dubai.

What a horrible place

What is the attraction for people to go to Dubai though? Baffles me.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Morocco - the majority of (male) locals were hateful people who seemed to go out of their way to hassle and abuse any Caucasians they saw and generally try to ensure we had a shite time. Never again.... Believe it's more relaxed and welcoming in the south and the Berber areas though (Marakesh etc) ....??

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Sharm el Sheik. Horrible place.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The power of marketing. Soulless place, needs 50 years to grow into its clothes
I'm not a massive fan but there's no denying it has some incredible hotels, restaurants, shopping and nightlife. It's not more soulless than a dump like Orlando. There's far far worse places around.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I'm not a massive fan but there's no denying it has some incredible hotels, restaurants, shopping and nightlife. It's not more soulless than a dump like Orlando. There's far far worse places around.

Am sure your right. Never been attracted to Orlando

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Dubai, although to be fair, only a stopover.

Dull as ditchwater. The only way to enjoy that place would be to be part of the ex-pat crowd, and spend shed loads of money. Even then it is a dirty, hot, stinking hole away from the tourist areas, and even there it is utterly vaccuous.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Dubai, although to be fair, only a stopover.

Dull as ditchwater. The only way to enjoy that place would be to be part of the ex-pat crowd, and spend shed loads of money. Even then it is a dirty, hot, stinking hole away from the tourist areas, and even there it is utterly vaccuous.

Broadly agree.......if at all (very much doubt I'd do it again but it was worth going once) would only go on holiday in the winter as far too hot otherwise. There are some great beaches and golf courses and you can marvel at the glitzy buildings, and there is a fantastic choice of restaurants. The shopping looks also fabulous but it's expensive over there so wouldn't buy much.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I was thinking the same! How can anyone holiday in Burnley, visit maybe, we have been there for football and stayed overnight on both occasions, but hardly a holiday destination............is it?

Long story.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here