Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst film of ALL time

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Blair Witch ...... what was all the fuss about, it was utter gash.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Debra winger was the voice of Et wasn't she. I think here Spielberg is comaparing the career of Debra with that of old JC as I believe both of their careers tok a nosedive in their mid-thirties.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
This review sums Spielberg up for me.

Spielberg's historical films are tricky as often he seems to rewrite history according to his personal political agenda, or over-simplify the politics with rhetoric. Munich is no exception. While beautifully cast and crafted – including spot on, appropriately shocking violence – there didn't seem much point to it all. Perhaps some will find it brave his decision to represent both the Palestinian and Israeli sides of the argument (read 'balance'), or to show Bana's Avner as a moral hero trapped in an immoral situation (read 'hero'). But ultimately, once all was said and done, it seemed a lightweight, insipid exercise, not a complex contemporary polemic on the terrorism/retaliation cycle, it in spite of reaching for more.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Clingfilm, watched it last night and f*** all happened.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Debra winger was the voice of Et wasn't she. I think here Spielberg is comaparing the career of Debra with that of old JC as I believe both of their careers tok a nosedive in their mid-thirties.

Shadowlands passed you by as well then , Nibble ?.

The Fast and the Furious

Utter utter shit. Worst acting I've ever seen (and there are plenty of candidates) and the weakest story ever. Apologists say it's not about the story it's about the cars. Buy Top Gear magazine then and have a wank over that! Truly terrible, I've refused to watch any Paul Walker of Vin Diesel film ever since, I'm fairly convinced I've not missed much.

Other noteworthy contenders -

15 Minutes
The Ronin (only film I've fallen asleep during at the cinema)
State and Main
An awful lot of 'chick flicks' (what's the point they are all the same?)

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Coyote Ugly if it hasn't been mentioned before was one pile of shite. As is anything with Cameron Diaz. Twister was also a glob of sputumesque cack, the bit where he ties himself and his girl with his belt to a metal railing or something similar and then a Cat 5 tornado rips over them, what nonsense, i've seen pics of the aftermath of a Cat 5 and they would have been shredded by flying debris. Whilst I'm on one! can i make honourable mentions for Independence Day & Spiceworld

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I don't get it. Did mankind create ET then? I thought he came from outer-space. What about the flying BIKE? Is that an allegory for the fact that ET would have shagged anything?

Either way, this Spielberg was clearly proper clever. Why couldn't he just make films that EVERYONE could understand?

Nods to JC

1. Elliott first found him in a shed which was lit and looked like a manger
2. ET had supernatural powers such as healing powers and others
3. ET was victimised and hounded to his death by people who did not understand him
4. ET died and came back from the dead
5. ET had one allie, St Peter known as keys

Just a few to start off.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Nods to JC

3. ET was victimised and hounded to his death by people who did not understand him

Just a few to start off.

You do know Spielberg is a Jew?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nods to JC

Just a few to start off.
Blimey, I'd never thought about it before Gareth! I feel so stupid now, I'd certainly never noticed these similaries to the story of Jesus Christ.
The other clever thing is how the kids cry and weep and that at the end but in their heart of hearts they're just so happy because they know he's going to a better place. That's a bit like Christ as well isn't it?

It has taken someone as clever as you to point out these similarities and I can now really see why you see Spielberg as a true genius. Great work Gareth, great work. :bowdown:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Nods to JC

Just a few to start off.

Was ET murdered by the Jews as well?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Other films that are in fact modern parables, and reworkings of the great biblical stories:

Supersize Me - Jesus with the loaves and the fishes.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
the 'brosnan era' bond films are pretty shit aswell

I kinda liked those - I reckon their a bit of a pastiche of what a James Bond should be, especially Goldeneye which looks like it could have been made in the 60's. Each to their own and all that.

The worst film I've ever seen is 'Bicentennial Man' which redefined the terms 'Mawkish', 'Abhorrent' and GUTTERGASHFEST.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here