Worst film of ALL time

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Munich was contrived bias bollocks, that was my most recent disappointment.

Most people thought Spielberg got the balance about right and did not take sides. It was a film showing the futility of violence and a man whose spirit was broken by the killings he participated in. The worst film of all time, worse than Police Academy 6 or Friday the Thirteenth 11 ?. :facepalm:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
My point being is that it never ceases to amaze me how differently people see or rate films. On imdb ( I know boring ) the much derided Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull has 19 pages of people's reviews giving 1 star out of 10 but also has 19 pages of people's reviews giving 10 stars.

Even the Godfather has 11 pages of people who rate that film 1 star.

There have been many films mentioned I rate quite highly, Cloverfield, The Cube being recent examples. Each to their own I suppose.

I agree with you entirely here. It always amazes me how some people can find a film brilliant, whilst another person can think it's utter turd.

So, I don't really understand most of your other posts on this thread where people mention a film they hate and you basically tell them they are WRONG or that they are only of that opinion because it's TRENDY.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Attack of the Stripper Zobies was on the movie channel here last week. managed about ten minutes of it then had to turn it off. Awful!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sex lives of the Potota Men is meant to be a rea; shokcer.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It is very hard to pinpoint the worst film of all time. There are sure to be thousands of films I have never heard of and will never come across that are terrible. For me a bad film is one that just doesn'teven entertain it's target audience. To bring up an oft used example, E.T. Now, I hated that film, ticked every box that I can't stand and for me one of the worst films I have seen. However, there is no denying it is a well constructed film, does what it is meant to do and as well as pitching it's target audience perfectly, appeals to those outside its main demograph.

Things like The Scooby Doo movies I would consider terrible but kids like them so therefore cannot be the worst films ever.

One of the worst films I have EVER seen and cannot figure out who would enjoy it is He Was A Quiet Man with Christian Slater. Also most stuff with Steven Segal in it has to be up there, even his true fans cannot enjoy his recent films surely?

what has to be up there as One of the worst is Jaws 4? Truly badly made and misjudged film. Even the Police Academy movies have some crap charm. This was just awful for all concerned, actors, director and audience alike imho.

"Thomas and the Magic Railroad" - A travesty of a film which did no justice to the proud legacy of the "Thomas the Tank Engine" books.

Starred Alex Baldwin and Peter Fonda (yes - the one who was in "Easy Rider").

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is very hard to pinpoint the worst film of all time. There are sure to be thousands of films I have never heard of and will never come across that are terrible. For me a bad film is one that just doesn'teven entertain it's target audience. To bring up an oft used example, E.T. Now, I hated that film, ticked every box that I can't stand and for me one of the worst films I have seen. However, there is no denying it is a well constructed film, does what it is meant to do and as well as pitching it's target audience perfectly, appeals to those outside its main demograph.

Fair enough. Each to their own.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I had the misfortune (or perhaps the misjudgement) to sit through the Keanu Reeves version of The Day the Earth Stood Still the other week. Woeful, absolutely woeful.

I knew the risks though.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
The Invention of Lying.

The ONLY film I have ever walked out on at the cinema. Not funny and the entire premise doesn't work as the people don't just not lie, they spout out embarrassing truths about each other.

I see Gervais (who I usually like) must have noticed the criticism and on promoting the DVD release recently added to his plot synopsis saying this this is a world where there is no lying AND people have a kind of truth torrets. So it should be called: THE INVENTION OF LYING (AND TRUTH TORRETS).

I still shudder at the memory of Gervais and Garner in the hospital waking up in the waiting room with the classic dialogue - GERVAIS: "Hi". GARNER: "Hi" I walked out at that point.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Oh yeah, Knowing with Nic Cage is also terrible. But even that I managed to sit through.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
TAKE YOUR PICK FROM

Shaolin Soccer
Sleepless in Seattle
Charlies Angels Full Throttle
Mean Machine (not the classic original with Burt Reynolds but the pile of shite with Vinnie Jones)
The f***ing English Patient
Morons from Outer Space

There's a whole host of others but these immediately spring to mind

Someone said 'The Shining' :wrong:WTF's that about, one of the all time classics

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
TRON - no question about it! :rant:

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Any film that has the word 'moon' or 'heat' in the title that does not contain gratuitous sex.

What about Moon? Brilliant sci-fi from Bowie's boy.

And Heat with Pacino and DeNiro?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports