Worst film of ALL time

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Cube. Absolute shit

a truly ORIGINAL movie, 6 January 2002

Author: mjs571 from Canada

This movie is great. 10/10. Among my all time favorites.

At some points the acting does leave a little bit to be desired, but the feel from the movie is incredible.

As is human nature, this movie explores the inevitability of our own destruction by taking an extreme view of "just look what's right in front of you", "don't ask questions", "forget about the big picture" and numerous other similar quotes made by the characters.

This Canadian made film is a treasure, that is for sure.

Now, the seemingly complicated mathematics involved can be completely ignored if a viewer chooses.. however, for those who would like a movie to challenge their intellect than this one if a fun watch. I found myself watching particular parts over and over again trying to figure it out. Finally resorting to emailing the actors and even math advisor.

Now the mathematics were mangled and lost somewhat in production, but the spirit and meaning was there. The solutions and even terminology used in the movie don't exactly jive but is fun nonetheless.

If you find yourself at the video store toughing out what might be your next pick, you will NOT be disappointed by cube.

I can't remember exactly, but this movie was made on a very small budget (around $20k CDN?) and it does not show at all. It is dark, gloomy, and evidently entirely filmed on the same single set.. but it is still gripping from beginning to end.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My point being is that it never ceases to amaze me how differently people see or rate films. On imdb ( I know boring ) the much derided Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull has 19 pages of people's reviews giving 1 star out of 10 but also has 19 pages of people's reviews giving 10 stars.

Even the Godfather has 11 pages of people who rate that film 1 star.

There have been many films mentioned I rate quite highly, Cloverfield, The Cube being recent examples. Each to their own I suppose.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Dont know if it's been said already as only read the first 5 pages but...

Van Helsing is the worst film ever made imo

shudda walked out after 1/2 an hour but didnt want to cause a fuss to the other cinemagoers in my row !!

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Munich was contrived bias bollocks, that was my most recent disappointment.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
How the f*** is munich the worst film of all time you deluded absolute NUT CASE. Spielberg epic!

Yeh good film, watched it a few weeks ago.

You may not have enjoyed Munich/ Terminator/ Titanic (there were many more highly rated films on this thread) but to name them as the Worst movie ever is a bit stupid.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Australia, What just happened (though having Kristen Stewart :love: made it partially acceptable) and Jumper. Tosh.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Yeh good film, watched it a few weeks ago.

You may not have enjoyed Munich/ Terminator/ Titanic (there were many more highly rate films on this thread) but to name them as the Worst movie ever is a bit stupid.

Ok Barry Norman, explain to me how I can be wrong when all I am doing is expressing a preference? Fucks sake, think before you type.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Ok Barry Norman, explain to me how I can be wrong when all I am doing is expressing a preference? Fucks sake, think before you type.

Fair enough, you said it was your most recent dissapointment rather than worst film of ALL time.

My point I am making is there is a big difference between not enjoying a film and thinking it is the worst film of all time.

There are plenty of films I have personally found boring but are yet clearly a very good film.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well I don't know about worst but two highly overrated films are Brokeback Mountain and The Hurt Locker, I just can't understand why people rave about either of them. Best cure for insomnia I have seen for a long time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here