Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst experience as a dog owner?!

Try again Doug!! You are losing this one. The beach and promenade is not a pavement. The pavement is the thing next to a road. This is so dogs don't run into the road causing an accident. Which is obviously sensible and my dog is always on a lead next to the road.

Want to try again with some other legislation you don't fully understand?

Did you read Schedule 1?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
!!!WARNING CONTAIND DETAILS OF THE DEATH OF A CAT IN CAS YOU ARE SQUEMISH!!!!

ex- girlfriends folks had a golden retriever who was soppy as shit mostly. He had killed the next door neighbour's chicken but hounds will given the chance. Her folks got a kitten and put their feed bowls next to each other. One day the dog came into the utility room, looked a the cat. Looked at the two bowls of food. Went over to the kitten, went over and nuzzled him before quick as a flash biting his head, ragged him once breaking his neck, before returning to both bowls of food. My girlfriend and her Mum were hysterical beyond belief. It was quite harsh.

Didn't know this at the time but vets tell you never to leave retrievers with kids or other pets, very untrustworthy as dogs go apperntly. Would never let a dog too close to a kid anyway.

I notice you say ex girlfriend.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My Jack Russell loves finding rotting fish on the beach.. One day she found one and ran off up the shingle before I could prize it from her jaws. There were a family having a barbecue and picnic at the end of the sand and she dropped the decomposing stinking fish on their picnic blanket causing one of the party to scream and then stole a barbecued sausage from one of their plates and ran off. Not content with that she pissed on one of the children's sandcastles. My apology seemed feeble after that.

Schedule 1 refers to dog fouling not dogs on or off a lead. Of course an owner should pick up their dogs faeces.

Yes, but the dogs on leads pdf clearly states that dogs are to be kept on leads in land as detailed in Schedule 1.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Really? Wow. I have never heard such utter shite in my whole life

9 am on the beach with no one else around is an appropriate time and place for no lead. If the situation or location dictates then I always have him on the lead.

Then expect to see sick at that time of the morning too!

I would imagine ohso wasnt even open and it was someone making there way along the seafront.

Id count yourself lucky you dog wasnt gagging on a used condom.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thats EXACTLY what my Retriever used to do.

It was always the same process.

Dog spots muddy puddle.
Dog looks at owner and wags tail.
Owner says in a calm, yet assertive manner "Don't even think about it"
Dog begins the walk towards puddle with tail wagging slowly. Not frantic excitement but calculated happiness.
Dog looks again at owner who is now SHOUTING "Don't you bloody dare. Don't you DARE"
Dog has now reached puddle destination and gives one last look and wag of tail
"NOOOOOOOOOOO. NOOOOOOOO"
Dog lowers himself carefully, maintaining eye contact at all time. The sort of face which screamed "Yeah? and what are you gonna do about it?"
Is anything funnier to other dog owners?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
A different girlfriend of mine had a massive retriever (retriever again). We took him into the Battle of Trafalgar one Sunday evening when Garf was running it. Flint, the pub dog was nonchalant as ever. We'd just noticed we hadn't seen Leo for a few mins when Garf came down laughing his head off. Leo had found his way behind the bar, up into Garf's flat and was eating all the dog food up there. Good lad. Garf then gave the dogs all the leftover meat from the roasts. He's a good man.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If I owned a dog the worst experience would be picking up its crap. :sick:
it's better than pulling it's ploppies from it's bum because he's eaten a plastic bag, or something else undigestable.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If I owned a dog the worst experience would be picking up its crap. :sick:

If you don't feed them too much wet food it's fairly gag free. You can always tell a dog who is fed exclusively wet food and gravy as their shit thunders out of their a-holes like the missippi just broke it's banks. And it smells worse than a week of yellow shitstorms.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here