Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst defeats

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Molongo scored in the first game of the season there and the final score was 2-3, what game are you thinking of? I dont remember 5-1 against Reading in the last 20 years?

I was there for both and I'm pretty sure the 5-1 was the season after the 3-2 opening day defeat. The only thing good about the 5-1 was that CKR scored the best goal of the game by far when i think we were already 4 or 5 down.

My worst game is the Huddersfield 7-1. Not just for the match though, I was staying on the outskirts of Huddersfield as i was working up that way for a couple of days and i got a call from the hotel after about 20 minutes telling me my car had been broken into in the car park. During the phone call we equalised, Liam Dickenson i think with an absolute screamer, the 400 odd fans were jumping for joy and i was on the phone trying to hear what had happened to my car. By the time i got off the phone we were already 2-1 down and then FDM got sent off......we got smashed 7-1 and i couldn't even celebrate our goal. That was about 2 months before GP took the reins, and that night AEA had an absolute shocker at left back i seem to recall.

When i got back to the hotel they showed me the CCTV, a real professional hit, Range Rover turns up, 4 guys jump out and within 30 seconds had broken into 5 or 6 car boots, got what they could and drove off. Luckily I had nothing of value in the boot and no damage done to the car, just a slight dent on the key hole where they rammed something in the lock to open it.

Jimmy Grimble

In fact, a defeat at MK Dons during the Slade 'Great Escape' season was thoroughly depressing. I can remember the train home all but one of us from eight thought we were doomed.

Strangely a few weeks later was one of the best away games I've been to, Bristol Rovers. On the way home from that four from four of us thought we were staying up! Football fans, eh.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast

"The Leatherhead Lip" if memory serves.

In fact I've checked and it seems to be a cornerstone of their history - their messageboard is called "The Lip".

Well I never.

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire
Molongo scored in the first game of the season there and the final score was 2-3, what game are you thinking of? I dont remember 5-1 against Reading in the last 20 years?

Away to reading, 5-1, coca cola kid scored a goal for us right in front of the Brighton fans, we sung we're going down with the Millwall. I was drunk! still am!!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
First game in the old division 1 v Arsenal - lost 0-4 and played off the park. Massive anticlimax after the euphoria of the previous season.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
First game in the old division 1 v Arsenal - lost 0-4 and played off the park. Massive anticlimax after the euphoria of the previous season.

I thought had the better of it in the opening exchanges....

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Losing 2-7 to Bristol Rovers when Clough was manager....and the embarrassment of his young (at the time) son, requesting to see the
Bristol goals again during match of the day.
8-2 mate...dejection at it's highest.....really my worst was 1960,my first away game......standing amongst all the dockyard workers at Plymouth while they procceded to do a 5-0 over us....yuk!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
In no Order my top ten are

Oldham away f.a cup 6.1
Palace 1.3 (first league defeat at Amex)
Notts county 1.3 play off final
Luton pens (jpt area final)(chance to go to new wembley)
Sudbury pens (f.a cup)
Bradford 1.3 88/89 (first game of season after promotion)
Palace (a) 1.2 1991 kelvin Morton 5 pens
Watford (a) 1.3 1984 f.a cup 5th round
Notts county (h) 1.5 1988 (frt) semi final
Palace (h) may 2013 say no more

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Was no one else at the Middlesbrough game at the goldstone one evening when we got dicked!

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
In no Order my top ten are

Oldham away f.a cup 6.1
Palace 1.3 (first league defeat at Amex)
Notts county 1.3 play off final
Luton pens (jpt area final)(chance to go to new wembley)
Sudbury pens (f.a cup)
Bradford 1.3 88/89 (first game of season after promotion)
Palace (a) 1.2 1991 kelvin Morton 5 pens
Watford (a) 1.3 1984 f.a cup 5th round
Notts county (h) 1.5 1988 (frt) semi final
Palace (h) may 2013 say no more

I had completely forgotten about the freight rover defeat. What a sorry night that was

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
0-2 last season against you know who only because of what the manager said afterwards

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here