Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst. Amex. Pie. Ever.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I agree, so lets have a campaign to bring back the chilli pie, you know the type of thing, flowers to Johnny Prescott, marching outside political conferences,a council referendum, it worked last time

The chili pie was fab. But would flowers to Prescott still do the trick? No way am I sending flowers to any of those coalition onanists.

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
I had two pies this evening, both cottage pie pies and both were yummy. Lamb hot pot is tops for me :)

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The cottage pie at the Amex tonight was dreadful. I was foolishly tempted by the utterly misleading photo of it and the mouth-watering description of the mashed potato allegedly contained therein, but there was only a small blob of mash cowering under the pastry, trying to stay afloat on a sea of very average savoury mince. Most disappointing.

I would say that this culinary misadventure had entirely spoiled the whole evening and turned our three points to dust and ashes in my eyes, but that would be a lie, of course. Not a good pie, though.
i would agree one of our group traveling back to Haywards Heath jumped of the coach @ hassocks and was sick in the hedge and had to use the toilet several times before we reached the Heath and he was blaming the pie and said nothing to do with the eight pints he had!:facepalm::lol::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Sounds like I dodged a bullet then? I was going to try one but changed my mind at the last minute and had my regular steak n ale. Phew........

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's not butternut-y any more, they've changed it to a veggie tagine pie. it's spicier and better than before.

Ah, right, cheers, that at least allays some of my fears of pie roulette - which seems to have been largely eradicated nowadays, has to be said. Tho also has to be said it was replaced by lager roulette in the North on Saturday, like they hoped we couldn't tell the difference between a pint of Kronie and a pint of the cooking lager that is Fosters.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Tonight I had my last pie for the time being. Went for the chicken, but they are all hard thick pastry and minimal thin rations of filling. Time to bring sandwiches till they improve. Even tried the fish fingers a couple of weeks ago. Cooked within an inch of their life in some kind of hard crusty bread roll. Never again.

Exactly the same as my steak n ale pie. Rubbish, tough pasty and next to no filling and dry as a bone. Horrible, won't bother again.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I thought it was decent, had one Sat and last night

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
My mate got a cottage pie and it looked shite.

My steak and ale pie was first class, however. As was my pint of Harveys.

This. Although my mate seemed to like his cottage pie pie so maybe I should have given it a go.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Cottage pie is a fine thing to serve at the football, they do it at Kidderminster....a cottage pie pie however is just wrong isn't it.....pastry and potato doesn't really work. Get rid of the pastry and serve a cottage pie in a tin, perfect for night games.

Those complaining about hard pastry and dry filling should be directing their wrath at the spotty 19 year old sociology student who cremated the pie rather than Piglets. Surely?

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
The cottage pie at the Amex tonight was dreadful. I was foolishly tempted by the utterly misleading photo of it and the mouth-watering description of the mashed potato allegedly contained therein, but there was only a small blob of mash cowering under the pastry, trying to stay afloat on a sea of very average savoury mince. Most disappointing.

I would say that this culinary misadventure had entirely spoiled the whole evening and turned our three points to dust and ashes in my eyes, but that would be a lie, of course. Not a good pie, though.

Did you take the opportunity to complain at the time or are you hoping the catering team read this message board ?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Cottage pie is a fine thing to serve at the football, they do it at Kidderminster....a cottage pie pie however is just wrong isn't it.....pastry and potato doesn't really work. Get rid of the pastry and serve a cottage pie in a tin, perfect for night games.

Those complaining about hard pastry and dry filling should be directing their wrath at the spotty 19 year old sociology student who cremated the pie rather than Piglets. Surely?

When we went to Anfield for our Liverpool game in the FA Cup I thought it was quality they serve Shepherds Pie up there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here