Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst Amex Albion performance so far?

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
There were times under Poyet when lack of plan B was frustrating. I remember no subs or change of tactics being used in a dour 0-0 with Charlton which was crying out for change. BUT we all understood the plan and so did the players.

Under Garcia, the football was often pretty tedious but again there was a clear approach.

Yesterday we had the opposite. A team so lacking in shape and discipline that a friend commented, which players don't have a free role? Constant movement of positions without the sense anyone really understood their job. Maybe with a few exception such as in "defence": Greer and Dunk roles were obviously clear, although they were forced to operate about 20-30 yards apart for large parts of game, as Calderon and Bennett were effectively positioned in opposite half. Less a case of getting forward, more a case of staying forward all the time.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I walked out early yesterday for only the second time since we have been at The Amex (The other being the defeat by the Pikeys in the at the play off game )
That was absolute toilet yesterday and if it continues that way I won't even bother turning up anymore.
KLL playing thru the middle and Baldock playing wide right ?
What's that all about ?!
Things need to be turned round in the next to games if the Fin wishes to keep his club track suit on to wear on Saturday afternoons

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here