Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst Albion XI

harold robbins

Jul 5, 2003
Paul Kitson must figure somewhere. Maybe not the worst in terms of ability - although he hardly set the world on fire with us -but in terms of commitment and attitude hes up there with the best (worst) . I always remember hearing about a dressing room bust up when Danny Cullip is alleged to have called him a "f.....ing Premiership primadonna". Spot on Danny.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
harold robbins said:
Paul Kitson must figure somewhere. Maybe not the worst in terms of ability - although he hardly set the world on fire with us -but in terms of commitment and attitude hes up there with the best (worst) . I always remember hearing about a dressing room bust up when Danny Cullip is alleged to have called him a "f.....ing Premiership primadonna". Spot on Danny.
Paul Kitson was Kerry Mayo in the commitment stakes when compared to Mickey Thomas.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Teddy indeed was on blind date, when he had a fit girlfriend.

She saw the program and went ballistic

It was splashed all over the Sun.

Anyone remember garry Rowell, who we chased for months and when he eventually joined us he was SHITE

Pah....some of those teams are premiership quality compared to mine.. :)

Playing 4-4-2

Andy Petterson

Les Berry
Glen Thomas
Ashley Neal
Jammie Campbell

Mark Fox
Valur Gislason (sp?)
Jason Peake
Scott Thomas

Michael Mahoney Johnson
Damien Hilton

The choice of strikers was tough as I was spoilt for choice when it came to no hopers. However, due to the fact Mark Farrington actually scored two goals during his time, he's been dropped! One of them may have been a rebound off his arse, but they all count. :D

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Zeitgeist said:
Playing 4-4-2

Andy Petterson

Les Berry
Glen Thomas
Ashley Neal
Jamie Campbell

Mark Fox
Valur Gislason (sp?)
Jason Peake
Scott Thomas

Michael Mahoney Johnson
Damien Hilton
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Very good effort. I'm struggling to think of too many players who'd blatently displace anyone in that side.

Considering we also had Martin Thomas who was SHITE and Micky Thomas who was a MONEY GRABBING PIKEY, I think the message is clear. Call me a doubting Thomas if you will, but I don't think we should sign anyone called Thomas. :jester:

triptolemus

Oct 7, 2003
Titanic said:
That is nonsense! Teddy Maybank was a quality footballer - he would walk into any Brighton team of the last 15 years.

Do you remember when Teddy Maybank was on Blind date with Cilla ? He didn't score much there either.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Bit harsh on Nicky Rust. he had bags and bags of potential but just had no bloody confidence.. witht the right manager he've been a revelation. McDougald has to be on the bench at least. And as for Teddy.... he was crap premiership but bloody brilliant Championship!!!! When he was at the Albion we were fashionable!!!:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
That Peterson slip against the Pikeys was featured on What Happened Next on Question of Sport last week.

Boy, did I laugh? :nono:

Camp Freddy

Sep 23, 2004
Wiltshire
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:
Bit harsh on Nicky Rust. he had bags and bags of potential but just had no bloody confidence.. witht the right manager he've been a revelation. McDougald has to be on the bench at least. And as for Teddy.... he was crap premiership but bloody brilliant Championship!!!! When he was at the Albion we were fashionable!!!:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

At the time I thought he was OK and joined in the Nicky Rust Rust Rust ..' chants with eveyone else, but I was watching some of the old 'highlights' videos the other night and boy was he poor. No positional sense, a generally poor shot stopper and didn't seem to be much of a communicator. Sure he made a few good stops, but so will most keepers over time with a decent run in the side.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing

Considering we also had Martin Thomas who was SHITE and Micky Thomas who was a MONEY GRABBING PIKEY, I think the message is clear. Call me a doubting Thomas if you will, but I don't think we should sign anyone called Thomas. :jester: [/B]

I will always remember Martin Thomas trying to tackle someone using his head !

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i'm taking it sub keepers walton !

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Anyone remmember Geoff Cooper?The flying winger with no f***ing wings.
Have to agree with Denny Mundee.Apparently he smoked 40 a day,which was a shock because he played like he smoked 60.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Dale Jasper said:
Steve Gatting - Sorry, I just never thought he was any good
Keith McPherson - Not exactly Danny Cullip was he?

Denny Mundee- Silly name, nonentity of a player

Clive Walker - Useless even when he was good

Manager:
Jeff Wood
Gatting played under at least 4 Albion managers-weren't that bad.
McPherson -held the defence together along with Culverhouse in the Priestfield years, one of a few that MA kept on after first taking charge.
Mundee was a useful utility player, Brady kept him in the team!
blighted by injuries.
Walker played a big part in getting us to Play off final in 91, there's been a lot worse than him.

How about Steve Barnes & Danny Mills from the Priestfield era?

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Biscuit said:
Teddy Maybank on the BENCH at least.

My AUNT informs me he ended up on blind date. :lolol:

Teddy was a cult hereo Biscuit - its just that he was bought to replace Mellor/Ward which blighted him immediately.

He scored some vital goals.

No way should he be near this team.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Anyone remember Mickey Ring in the famous 7-0 drubbing of Charlton. He came on in second half (and ran out of puff 10 mins later)

Actually played against him when he was at Peacehaven Colts and he skinned me several times so gawd knows where that leaves me!

no one wants to include the following:

Ricky Marlowe
Moshe Gariani
Glen Geard

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
1) Will Packham ( Harsh but true? )
2) Les Berry
3) Ashley Neale
4) Paul Linger
5) Derek Allen
6) Glen Thomas
7) Valur Gislason
8) David Martin
9) Michael Mahoney Johnson
10) Damien Hilton
11) Mickey Thomas

On the Bench:

12) Mark Farrington
13) Dickie Tiltman
14) Don Shanks
15) Simon Funnell
16) Nicky Rust

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I'm sure Nicky "Action Man" Rust was never that bad.

He was on standby for the England U-21s once - and he played 476 games for us before his seventeenth birthday.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Is Nicky Rust still playing? I know he went to Cambridge City and Braintree but since then? Anyone know?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here