Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Worst albion player you can remember

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Other than the names already mentioned (Smith takes some beating) - Danny Webb?

Webb was fine. Never going to be a prolific forward but he put a shift in and was a physical presence at least

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Shamir Fenelon. Probably a really nice guy and I suspect he worked very hard for an opportunity but..........

It was obvious he was never destined to be a pro being so out of his depth in his appearance at the Amex for Hyypia.

Found his level in national League South, poor Sami was utterly stitched up by the recruitment team at the time.

Believe me, the Fenelon family really are best avoided.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Some valid suggestions here, but surprised to see 'Barn Door' Billy Paynter not mentioned so far. We had him on loan from Dirty and he made a grand total of 10 appearances...

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
David Gonzalez , possibly the worst goalkeeper iv'e ever seen , let alone just for us .

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
This. Unbelievably bad, it was patently clear from his introduction that it was astonishing transfer blunder.

Found his level playing in front of 400 at Brechin City.

Gavin Hoyte was also hopeless.

Hoyte was awful.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
And another vote here as he is so lazy
Agreed. Chuba Akpom deserves a special place in Albion history as a very lazy and very useless individual.

JackB247

Sep 25, 2013
Burgess Hill
We've had some proper dross haven't we, and it's in some ways now nice to look back and reminisce given where we are and the players we have now

Three spring to mind for me:

1) David Gonzalez - who's one game for the club was just too bad to be true. How he let that free kick in I'll never know.

2) Nathan Elder - we've had some lumps up top but reckon he was just about the worse. McCammon runs him close in this category.

3) Colin Hawkins - it was just comical watching him play football wasn't it?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
John Ruggiero, Ryan Harley and a special mention for Wayne Henderson who made more mistakes while blaming others, bigging himself up as the Messiah who saved us from FDM's kicking and virtually single handedly relegated us. I could mention others, but others already have:)

Jun 20, 2020
How has this got to page 6 without anyone mentioning David Adekola.

His 45 minutes, alongside the equally inept Christer Warren, is surely the worst strike partnership in Albion history.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here