***Worlds Hardest Creature VIII GROUP D***

Who's hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It may not be a bird of prey, but if any of those birds of prey were the same size as a Cassowary it wouldn't stand a chance in hell.

Its a bit mental, but hard..............nah.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Cassowary for me, I think it could go all the way this year.

Special mention for the Mantis Shrimp and Black Mamba though, I'd like to see them progress.

As for the others:
Tardigrade - a pillow which can live in lots of places :shrug:
Tiger/Lion - can't take them seriously since having my photo taken stroking a tiger in Thailand
Hawaiian Centipede - Not enough going for it
Mosquito - a killer yes, but not hard
Goat - chortle

How in the name of ALL that's holy is a fecking PILLOW in 3rd place ffs.

It's not hard, it doesn't DO anything, it just sits somewhere and lives.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
How can something that doesnt even fight count as hard. The Tardigrade is a survivor but its not hard.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
As well as being 100% correct on this issue, I'd like to thank you personally for your splendid work here. How on Earth you can be arsed is a mystery, but thank goodness you can. :thumbsup:

Thanks.

I ask myself the same question when I see the Tabby Cat power through to the knockouts. Makes it seem like a massive waste of time.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Cassowary for me, I think it could go all the way this year.

Special mention for the Mantis Shrimp and Black Mamba though, I'd like to see them progress.

As for the others:
Tardigrade - a pillow which can live in lots of places :shrug:
Tiger/Lion - can't take them seriously since having my photo taken stroking a tiger in Thailand
Hawaiian Centipede - Not enough going for it
Mosquito - a killer yes, but not hard
Goat - chortle

Obviously a mammal and a bird is going to react differently when you're in their space.

However, I know which one I'd rather be attacked by whilst hoping to survive.

A bird which might peck and claw me a bit............

..........or a huge cat that will sever my wind pipe with one bite. ???

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I can't believe the hipsters' bird is winning the group - but as the Mamba, Shrimp & Tardigrade are (currently) on course to follow it through to the next round I don't think we can argue too much.

Remind me though, how does the next round work - is it seeded (group winners play 4th placers etc), or random all the way?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Thanks.

I ask myself the same question when I see the Tabby Cat power through to the knockouts. Makes it seem like a massive waste of time.

Lets hope little success stories like the shrew can help lift the gloom. Unless that gets knocked out as well, in which case what a load of bollox.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I can't believe the hipsters' bird is winning the group - but as the Mamba, Shrimp & Tardigrade are (currently) on course to follow it through to the next round I don't think we can argue too much.

Remind me though, how does the next round work - is it seeded (group winners play 4th placers etc), or random all the way?

Kind of seeded. The top two from each group go into pot 1, the third and fourth from each group into pot 2. An animal from pot 1 will then be drawn against one from pot 2. If they met in the group stage they'll be redrawn. From the quarters onwards it'll be completely random.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

:lolol:

same with that bloody Honey Badger.

In reality the winner should probably be an insect.

Blow one of those up to the size of a cow and I cant see much getting past that armour or huge pincers. .

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Kind of seeded. The top two from each group go into pot 1, the third and fourth from each group into pot 2. An animal from pot 1 will then be drawn against one from pot 2. If they met in the group stage they'll be redrawn. From the quarters onwards it'll be completely random.

I take it the draw is made on Monday as part of the BBC's FA Cup 5th Round Draw coverage?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Obviously a mammal and a bird is going to react differently when you're in their space.

However, I know which one I'd rather be attacked by whilst hoping to survive.

A bird which might peck and claw me a bit............

..........or a huge cat that will sever my wind pipe with one bite. ???

Not really the point of the competition though is it?

The tiger/lion is built for hunting and killing. It kills to eat and survive. Like a shark, they are magnificent killing machines, but that in itself doesn't define hardness. Of course you'd rather face other creatures than them - the competition isn't which creature you'd rather get attacked by.

The bird eats fruit and seeds. They are not hunters. However, they absolutely do not back down from a fight - that is hard. They kill and injure a lot of human beings, a creature most other creatures steer well clear of. Hard.

It's why the Hippo does so well too. Doesn't eat meat, doesn't need to kill, but will absolutely go for anything and anyone for a fight. Again hard.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't think the Cassowary is hard, but it is DEFINITELY mental beyond description.

My vote in this round goes to the BENGAL TIGER. A very real and lively threat.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Not really the point of the competition though is it?

The tiger/lion is built for hunting and killing. It kills to eat and survive. Like a shark, they are magnificent killing machines, but that in itself doesn't define hardness. Of course you'd rather face other creatures than them - the competition isn't which creature you'd rather get attacked by.

The bird eats fruit and seeds. They are not hunters. However, they absolutely do not back down from a fight - that is hard. They kill and injure a lot of human beings, a creature most other creatures steer well clear of. Hard.

It's why the Hippo does so well too. Doesn't eat meat, doesn't need to kill, but will absolutely go for anything and anyone for a fight. Again hard.

The definition of hardness is always where the confusion lies in this competition.

To keep it simple, I tend to look at the creatures, imagine them all the same size, then decide what would happen if the came face to face with each other.

Would they run? would they fight? who would win?

Thats my criteria.

The Cassowary is mental, but.............would it attack a Tiger if confronted or cluck in a panic and try to run?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The definition of hardness is always where the confusion lies in this competition.

To keep it simple, I tend to look at the creatures, imagine them all the same size, then decide what would happen if the came face to face with each other.

Would they run? would they fight? who would win?

Thats my criteria.

The Cassowary is mental, but.............would it attack a Tiger if confronted or cluck in a panic and try to run?

Big cats hard? yeah right….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here