Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] World Test Championship Final- Australia v India- The Oval 07-11.06.2023

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Australia haven’t had to do nearly enough bowling in this test for me. Hopefully India bat for a draw and secure it

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wonder if I'm alone in hoping the Aussies win this.

I really have had my fill of sub continental commentators drooling over Indian bang-averageness. That is the only reason.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I wonder if I'm alone in hoping the Aussies win this.

I really have had my fill of sub continental commentators drooling over Indian bang-averageness. That is the only reason.
Viewed in isolation, we'd normally view the Aussies as plucky underdogs compared to India. I don't really care who wins this, we'll either show we're good enough to beat these teams when the time comes or we won't.
I'm interested in how many Pakistani commentators have been drooling over India, but I don't watch many of their matches live so maybe I'm missing something.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Scot Boland seems to be their new Alderman Effect. Although he's more like a Siddle upgrade. Absolutely primed for English conditions.

I really think we may struggle this summer. Boland v Crawley and Duckett anyone ?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Scot Boland seems to be their new Alderman Effect. Although he's more like a Siddle upgrade. Absolutely primed for English conditions.

I really think we may struggle this summer. Boland v Crawley and Duckett anyone ?
I wouldn't back Crawley to make runs with any sort of regularity against any bowling.
He'll probably get us of to a couple of brisk starts, and might even fluke a hundred at some point (presumably having nailed several inside edges past his own stumps on the way). But I don't see him doing significantly better or worse than he has done previously in England.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

Re. Duckett, listening to the Wisden podcast I just heard the fantastic stat that he's left the ball 8 times since coming into the England team last year (having faced 690 balls over 12 innings in that time).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here