Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Snooker Championships

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Ronnie playing the final 4 frames of his match from 10.00am this morning.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Ronnie playing the final 4 frames of his match from 10.00am this morning.
Maybe not then ...

To be more accurate it was obvious that Gilbert is no mug from the way he played yesterday. 94% pot success in the match now and has been unlucky a couple of times going into them when set to win frames.

Could be a good match. Hope Ronnie responds well if Gilbert does come back at him now.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Maybe not then ...

To be more accurate it was obvious that Gilbert is no mug from the way he played yesterday. 94% pot success in the match now and has been unlucky a couple of times going into them when set to win frames.

Could be a good match. Hope Ronnie responds well if Gilbert does come back at him now.

6-4 GAME ON

Gilbert has played magnificently and against most of the players I've seen so far would be sporting a healthy lead going into the final session.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Big frame to hurt Gilbert there. Should have won it but Ronnie showed his class with that safety shot and clearance.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Great analysis and insight from Hendry.

The extent to which they routinely have to commit to the "right" positional shot, regardless of making a pot ten times harder, is easy to underestimate.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Genius.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The Thunder from Down Under is in DEEP trouble. 6-3 down after the first session, incredible scenes at the Crucible.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Ronnie out. :down:

If I was him I'd be in the car going straight home. As a bipolar disorder sufferer too, I know how he feels. F*ck the interview even if it incurs another fine because in this state of mind he or I would say or do something I badly regret later. Enjoy your summer, Ronnie. You'll come back stronger next year.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Incredible drama last night in the Ronnie v Hawkins match. Standard was exceptional and neither really deserved to lose. Plenty of shocks and as we head towards the business end of the tournament it's wide open and has thrown up a couple of mouthwatering clashes in the last 8.

Angles v The Wizard of Wishaw
The Welsh Wonder v Ding
Hong Kong Fuey v The Hawk
Jester from Leicester v The Warrior

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Gutted about Ronnie.

Support switches to Ding Junior.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Barry's mental strength at the end there in that final frame was very impressive following Ronnie's 3 consecutive frames and nearly a 147 in what was a bit of an onslaught.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I always preferred 'Cue Man Fu' to 'Hong Kong Fuey'.

And Mark Williams suggested he should called be Mark 'passed it' Williams :)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Gutted about Ronnie.

Support switches to Ding Junior.

I'd love to see Ding win it. Seems like a pretty humble guy which must be difficult considering his superstar status and the pressure on him from China, he's carried it well. Also glad he knocked Trump out who needs a bit of an ego check, he;s not really achieved anything yet in the game yet in his mind he's already one of the greats of snooker.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
As the mid-session interval in the best of 25 quarter finals...

Mark Williams 2-2 Ding Junhui

Mark Selby 4-0 Kyren Wilson

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Williams fails to win the final frame of the 1st session of their best of 25 match quarter-final despite an early 50 point lead... Ding wins all 4 of that mini-session and pulls away to a 4 frame lead:

Mark Williams 2 - 6 Ding Junhui

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Meanwhile Kyren Wilson is still struggling to get a frame on the board against Mark Selby... 6-0, but Wilson is at the table in the 7th with a chance.

As I type, he runs out of position on the black and breaks down - he really is stuggling here... the frame is back in the balance again.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Lets hope the two this afternoon are more competitive. Angles will need to roll back the years to get close to Higgins but I have high hopes for Fu v The Hawk.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Wilson scrambles to win the final 2 frames of the 1st session of their best of 25 match quarter-final to limit the damage:

Mark Selby 6 - 2 Kyren Wilson

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
This afternoon's entertainment... the first session of the 25 frame quarter-final matches between:

John Higgins v Alan McManus

Barry Hawkins v Marco Fu

I would have watched the all-Scots clash, but the utterly insufferable Willy Thorne is in the commentary box. :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here