Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] World Darts Championship

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I would expected either to take out 98 in 3 darts or 112. and certainly not need 8 darts. 2 of my sons play darts and I would have been dissppointed had they struggled to take them scores out. Most PDC players would have done it in 3 darts. In the past The Old House at Home in Worthing had the best team and any of their players like Sid Foster regularly took out 157.

As [MENTION=27934]Luke93[/MENTION] said you’re expecting a little too much. It’s all about consistency. You caught a bad leg and decided to post on NSC about it rather than watching more... I don’t like watching BDO as much as PDC but they are the best ‘county players’ around - aka the amateur internationals etc...

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Head to head, Warren who hit something like 17 180's in his semi final, would give Peter Wright the PDC Champion a run for his money.

This is why the BDO cant go to the wall, its the lifeblood of darts, with the exception of two PDC world Champions every other World Champion has played at the Lakeside.

Without google, who are the two?

No he wouldn’t. He pretty much averaged 93 in every match which is nowhere near good enough to compete in the PDC.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I would expected either to take out 98 in 3 darts or 112. and certainly not need 8 darts. 2 of my sons play darts and I would have been dissppointed had they struggled to take them scores out. Most PDC players would have done it in 3 darts. In the past The Old House at Home in Worthing had the best team and any of their players like Sid Foster regularly took out 157.

I’d happily stand in a pub with your sons and wager that they wouldn’t take out a 100+ finish with 3 darts more than 1 in 2 times on average. 1 in 3 would be decent.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As my sons both said 98 and 112 are regular usual get out even in league games with many options. LVG would do it on most ocassions not 1 in 2 or 3. My youngest named 4 players on the BH circuit playing for The Weald and others that he would expect to do it. Perhaps I set my standards of good players too high and expect too much.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As my sons both said 98 and 112 are regular usual get out even in league games with many options. LVG would do it on most ocassions not 1 in 2 or 3. My youngest named 4 players on the BH circuit playing for The Weald and others that he would expect to do it. Perhaps I set my standards of good players too high and expect too much.

You said you’d be disappointed if your sons didn’t take it out.......yes, I think you might be expecting too much. Every other time would be a very high standard. If you mean MVG, I don’t think he plays in the locals clubs much.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why has this thread turned to analysing ONE leg of darts and 2 specific finishes when there have been thousands of legs of darts played on the TV in recent months in both codes?! :lol:

Only joking, we all know the answer :lol:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
No he wouldn’t. He pretty much averaged 93 in every match which is nowhere near good enough to compete in the PDC.

Hopefully he will get the chance in the Grand Slam of Darts.

Out of interest what did Glenn Durrant average at the Lakeside last year?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why has this thread turned to analysing ONE leg of darts and 2 specific finishes when there have been thousands of legs of darts played on the TV in recent months in both codes?! :lol:

Only joking, we all know the answer :lol:

Because I said that I switched on by mistake and watched a couple of legs and thought the standard was very poor and no where near the PDC standard, controversial I know but an honest opinion. Interestingly Phil The Power has said he wont make a comeback to the PDC as he doesnt have the time nor inclination to practice enough so perhaps he should enter this competition next year.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I agree he wouldn’t get close to Wright but to say 93 averages wouldn’t be ‘anywhere near competing’ in the PDC is incorrect, unless you’re talking the elite end and winning tv events (there’s much more to the PDC than that!) That would be enough to get a tour card and earn a few bob as it is - let alone improving an average. A lot is made of averages in darts and they can be very misleading - I don’t like the obsession with averages from super league level right through to the top level. There’s only one stat that matters!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Because I said that I switched on by mistake and watched a couple of legs and thought the standard was very poor and no where near the PDC standard, controversial I know but an honest opinion. Interestingly Phil The Power has said he wont make a comeback to the PDC as he doesnt have the time nor inclination to practice enough so perhaps he should enter this competition next year.

There is more chance of Albion making the champions league than Phil Taylor playing the BDO circuit!

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
I’d happily stand in a pub with your sons and wager that they wouldn’t take out a 100+ finish with 3 darts more than 1 in 2 times on average. 1 in 3 would be decent.

Rates of change in completion percentage from 2018 to 2019 for each 100+ checkout, across all PDC tours

pdc18-19.JPG

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
There are county players in the pub leagues sure, but in the Brighton league there's probably on 5 or 6 currently playing county and most of them play for the same team. Which means an overwhelming majority of teams don't have county players. Similarly there aren't actually that players playing super league in the Brighton league, so again most teams don't have super league players. I was just trying to point out that when the other guy said the BDO isn't much better than pub darts, and most pub teams have county players, he was was well wide of the mark on both counts.

Braggfan

May 12, 2014

No you didn't say that at all. You said that you watched a couple of legs of BDO and its "not even good pub standard darts". Which is very different to saying it's not as good as the PDC.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
I agree he wouldn’t get close to Wright but to say 93 averages wouldn’t be ‘anywhere near competing’ in the PDC is incorrect, unless you’re talking the elite end and winning tv events (there’s much more to the PDC than that!) That would be enough to get a tour card and earn a few bob as it is - let alone improving an average. A lot is made of averages in darts and they can be very misleading - I don’t like the obsession with averages from super league level right through to the top level. There’s only one stat that matters!

By compete I meant challenge, not take part.
None of the BDO players would get near the top 32 PDC players, apart from maybe that 14 yr old in ten years time.

Braggfan

May 12, 2014
By compete I meant challenge, not take part.
None of the BDO players would get near the top 32 PDC players, apart from maybe that 14 yr old in ten years time.

The PDC is better, but it's a little too simplistic to say that nobody would get near the top 32. Glen Durrant moved over and is now 22 in the world and made the quarter final of the world championship. Fallon Sherrock is still BDO in the women's game and in the worlds she knocked out Mensor Suljovic who was world number 11 at the time. The PDC is undoubtedly better, but the BDO players aren't rubbish, the standard is generally lower but the gap is bridgeable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here