Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] World Darts Championship

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Final 7pm

Wayne ‘Yank’ Warren v ‘Big’ Jim Williams

All Welsh affair, no love lost between them, should be a belter.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I watched the semi final yesterday between the English and Welsh players.
I thought that in general it was high quality and very entertaining but with a few dodgy scores thrown in.
The crowd created an atmosphere that was good but mainly respectful.
I enjoyed it.
The 2 boys (English and Irish) in their final were brilliant, never seen darts thrown that quickly.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I just clicked on by mistake and watched a bit and thought what a load of rubbish not even good pub standard darts.

Which pubs have you watched darts in before?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Head to head, Warren who hit something like 17 180's in his semi final, would give Peter Wright the PDC Champion a run for his money.

This is why the BDO cant go to the wall, its the lifeblood of darts, with the exception of two PDC world Champions every other World Champion has played at the Lakeside.

Without google, who are the two?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Head to head, Warren who hit something like 17 180's in his semi final, would give Peter Wright the PDC Champion a run for his money.

This is why the BDO cant go to the wall, its the lifeblood of darts, with the exception of two PDC world Champions every other World Champion has played at the Lakeside.

Without google, who are the two?

Adrian Lewis must be one.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Which pubs have you watched darts in before?

Every pub that we have had we have had a very good darts team as I believe that it is an essential in a local. Most have had county standared players. I only watched about 4 legs around the 3-3 mark and they were poor. In one of the legs 1 wanted 98 and the other 112 and it took 8 darts for one of them to get out. Both should have done it in 3 darts and at the most 4.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Every pub that we have had we have had a very good darts team as I believe that it is an essential in a local. Most have had county standared players. I only watched about 4 legs around the 3-3 mark and they were poor. In one of the legs 1 wanted 98 and the other 112 and it took 8 darts for one of them to get out. Both should have done it in 3 darts and at the most 4.

Super league teams? It was a very good standard for BDO - credit where’s its due. I’m not sure what you were expecting!

Yoda

English & European
Super league teams? It was a very good standard for BDO - credit where’s its due. I’m not sure what you were expecting!

There are some very good Super League players around the Worthing area. I know one of them turned down a PDC Tour card because he couldn't afford to give up his work and only source of income try attempt to chase the dream. Another of them hit me for a 13 dart leg once to put me back in my place after I checked out 127 against him.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

Yeah I was thinking that. Most pub teams don't have county standard players in them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would expected either to take out 98 in 3 darts or 112. and certainly not need 8 darts. 2 of my sons play darts and I would have been dissppointed had they struggled to take them scores out. Most PDC players would have done it in 3 darts. In the past The Old House at Home in Worthing had the best team and any of their players like Sid Foster regularly took out 157.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I would expected either to take out 98 in 3 darts or 112. and certainly not need 8 darts. 2 of my sons play darts and I would have been dissppointed had they struggled to take them scores out. Most PDC players would have done it in 3 darts.

Except they don’t.

Talking out a 98 or 112 finish requires a triple with 1 or 2 dart at a double or bull. If any player on the planet, even MVG, has a 50% success rate on their doubles they’ll be very happy. A 100 3-dart average is a 15 dart leg. BDO is below that standard but not far off.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We had Bobby George play an exhibition night at our pub in Guildford and he told my sons that when practicing he cut a postage stamp in half and placed it in the no 1 area and then kept going until he had put 3 darts in it 3 times on the trot then moved on to no 2 etc up to the bull.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There are some very good Super League players around the Worthing area. I know one of them turned down a PDC Tour card because he couldn't afford to give up his work and only source of income try attempt to chase the dream. Another of them hit me for a 13 dart leg once to put me back in my place after I checked out 127 against him.

Turned down a tour card? That’s pretty hard to do... are you talking about Tony Ayres?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yeah I was thinking that. Most pub teams don't have county standard players in them.

We have one but he isn’t as good as the lads in the BDO final. I think BDO can be shocking but as Harry said, it does have a place as a feeder for PDC!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here