Votes: 54 91.5%
  • ITV

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Total voters

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
BBC every time for football, ITV is only watchable with R5 on in the background providing the sound, in fact that is possibly the best combination available for viewing pleasure. Alan Green and Jimmy Armfield are the footballing equivalent of Aggers and Blowers, they paint a beautiful picture of events on the pitch, it feels at times like you are sitting beside them in the stand.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
However it is sad that ITVs coverage is so shockingly bad that the better option is to listen on the radio, either with or without pictures.

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
BBC.

BBC has no adverts during the program, some leading pundits in the studio, and two top commentators in Motty and Lawro.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
dougdeep said:
Shame Sky don't have it.

Spot on. :clap: :clap: :clap: this wouldn't even be a debate if they did. BTW I dont think either terestrial station has good football coverage. ITV has too many ads, and the pundits are no good (apart from Venables), but the BBC are equally as bad, motson does my head in. I just cant listen to him for a full 90 mins, without shouting "SHUT UP MOTSON".:censored:

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The camera angles are crap though and I thought the actual host feed of the England game was appalling - wide camera angles and not close to the action.

Nothing BBC can do about I would have expected the Germans to have all the latest technology.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Gully said:
BBC every time for football, ITV is only watchable with R5 on in the background providing the sound, in fact that is possibly the best combination available for viewing pleasure. Alan Green and Jimmy Armfield are the footballing equivalent of Aggers and Blowers, they paint a beautiful picture of events on the pitch, it feels at times like you are sitting beside them in the stand.

Top man Green is, tells it as it is, think my favourite quote yesterday was "sorry, but that decision was pants" or "the fourth offical has finally decided to stand and put some numbers in so we can make a sustitution" :lolol:

Beach Hut said:
The camera angles are crap though and I thought the actual host feed of the England game was appalling - wide camera angles and not close to the action.

Nothing BBC can do about I would have expected the Germans to have all the latest technology.

Couldn't agree more, the German host feed was awful, the main German director should be spoken to before his next match.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
555kaz said:
Couldn't agree more, the German host feed was awful, the main German director should be spoken to before his next match.

I believe he was only following orders.

:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here