Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup - The Final ….. finally.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He’s been a truly brilliant footballer for the best part of 20 years, possibly the greatest ever and in this WC he been a genius matador running games for fun. Think Vicente, but up two levels and without the injuries.

Living history, we’ve been watching the best in real-time.

The commentators and pundits, for once, called this right.
At the age of 35!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Damn it. Got to get back to work. I take it I can trust one of you guys to post a picture of our boy holding the trophy a little later?
I’m sure you will have seen a few by now but in case not …😍😍😍

BBC1E245-2C39-49F8-8D94-4C876D56EE5E.jpeg

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Fair play to Qatar, after all the homophobia and clamping down on the rainbow, putting Messi in a lacy Ann Summers nightie at the end was the campest thing I’ve ever seen at a World Cup
Don’t know about it being camp but it does seem to me to be yet another faux pas by Qatar with their PR attempts at ‘selling’ Arabic culture to the West and can be added to the list of hiring fans to cheer, u-turning on alcohol and banning one-love armbands - It seems to me to be the epitome of bad taste for a host nation to appropriate what should have been a moment of memorable optics for the winning team’s Country - ie to see their team shirt ‘lift the Cup’ not for it to be covered under an Arab bisht.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So massively proud to have one of ours on that podium after a series of brilliant performances. Looking forward to welcoming him home, whenever that is. Enjoy the celebrations Ali Mac, you deserve it :clap2:
It's ridiculous isn't it, our club, the club I have loved with so much passion since standing in the chicken run with my lovely old dad in the early 70's has never seemed to have hit the highs like the last few months and Mac Allister winning the World Cup today has sent my Albion mojo into the stratosphere! I felt almost like we had been promoted. Anyone not understanding that needs to know what the 90's felt like as a Brighton fan. This achievement by one of our players is just incredible.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Don’t know about it being camp but it does seem to me to be yet another faux pas by Qatar with their PR attempts at ‘selling’ Arabic culture to the West and can be added to the list of hiring fans to cheer, u-turning on alcohol and banning one-love armbands - It seems to me to be the epitome of bad taste for a host nation to appropriate what should have been a moment of memorable optics for the winning team’s Country - ie to see their team shirt ‘lift the Cup’ not for it to be covered under an Arab bisht.
Didn't they ban fans who turned up at stadiums in Arab dress?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
hope that ends all the Messi and Ronaldo debates once and for all. Messi is, was, and will always be better than Ronaldo
Of course Ronaldo beat France in a major final in normal time…

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Shame he and his dad were serial tax evaders, paying a huge fine to avoid 2 years in a Spanish prison. Good footballer though, so that's OK.
Are we ok to forget about the growth hormones bit too ?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Didn't they ban fans who turned up at stadiums in Arab dress?
Partially - only in bars though (because muslims may be offended with the juxtaposition of traditional Arab costume and alcohol friendly environments).

(Fans were banned from dressing up like the Knights Templars though)

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Best World Cup ever, best final ever, best player ever lifts the world cup

You can't ask for more than that

Oh and I put 400 sobs on Argentina at 11/2, happy days
Good World Cup but not a patch on Russia 2018 for me (except for final).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here