Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World Cup. England 23 announced

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The I hate Man Utd crew are out in force today!
For fook sake,..... its nothing to do with Man U, I dont care about who they play for, I simply think they are a little below what is expected at world cup finals..... ok now?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
9 goals from 25 games coming off the wing is hardly "abysmal". between them, Sturridge and Welbeck will stretch defenses.
He doesnt come off the wing,.. he plays up front most of the games I have seen.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Wingless wonders

Blame it on the injuries. Townsend and Walcott would have given the squad an edge. Ashley Young overlooked or naff?

Curtis Davies (Hull) come have been added as a stand-by?

Last edited:

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
For fook sake,..... its nothing to do with Man U, I dont care about who they play for, I simply think they are a little below what is expected at world cup finals..... ok now?

So whose better then? Who would you take instead? There is nobody!

Ravids

Jun 19, 2013
Fishersgate Maritime Village
Couldn't have really picked a better squad tbh, not sure what Jones is dong there though, he is crap and has had a poor season.

Not sure about Forster too, but unless Hart get's injured/suspended I don't think either Foster or Forster will play a single minute, except maybe against Costa Rica if by then we have secured a F16 place (which is unlikely).

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Let's be honest.

That's as good/exciting squad as Roy could have picked.

Delighted that naturally talented footballers like Barkley, OX and Lallana will get to go.

Well done Roy.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm happy with that. I'm not convinced we would be able to whether the storm if we were under the cosh, but we have bags of attacking ourselves.

Tactics will have to be to score loads, and hope that we don't conceed too many!

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
I don't think even Palace fans would be pushing Murray's chances this season. Since he's been back, he's mostly been on the bench.

Doesn't mean he's not a good player (clearly he is), but I'll be surprised if he features in Pulis's first choice XI much next season.

Oh good can we have him back on loan ;)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Imagine Warren Aspinall having to commentate if Foster or Forster were to get a game.

You could listen to the entire ninety minutes on the radio and still not have a clue which one had been picked.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
So whose better then? Who would you take instead? There is nobody!
I would prefer Stones and Caroll instead of Smalling and Welbeck for sure. Jones can just about manage to be a reserve utility man,.... water boy.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
You've probably watched him more times than me, but he's got to be a better finisher than Welbeck. Heck, I'm a better finisher than Welbeck.

England's record with and without recently is silly. Without him on the pitch we haven't scored in 8 games or something

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here