qatar 2022.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Hoping that Ghana get some sort of revenge for the Suarez handball of 2010 and send him and Uruguay home.

With just the one onfield red card to date, it's all been a very well-mannered competition on the whole.

This might just change things a little. I've been looking forward to this one since the draw was made.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The entire world cheering on Ghana

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Suarez is still a hated figure in Ghana 12 years on.

Ghanaian sports broadcaster Juliet Bawuah said: "I'm yet to meet a Ghanaian football fan who is willing to forgive Suarez for that travesty of football justice."

"Any time Suarez was playing for Liverpool, if anything happened to him like an injury, he gets a yellow card, he gets sent off, he gets punished by the FA, then people were happy. No-one wants to hear his name."

🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I am absolutely gutted that I'll be missing Uruguay v Ghana - some dullard arranged a parent's evening at my boys' school :rolleyes:

Come on the Black Stars!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A colleague with Ghanaian heritage was telling me about this one a few weeks ago. It is the grudge match to end all grudge matches. Can't wait.
If Ghana get through, one might reasonably expect a few pointed celebrations aimed in Suarez's direction.

On top of that, we've got another chance of a 3rd Albion World Cup goalscorer in Tariq.

He's clearly enjoying himself with the rest of the Black Stars.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Obviously want Ghana through but I also love what Suarez did against Ghana last time.
Me too, I thought I was the only one! I really wanted Uruguay to win that game as I was loving everything Uruguayan then thanks to Gus! Forlan was also a joy.

Ghana really need to get over it, Suarez was sent off and they had the chance to score from the pen - there was no injustice like Ireland against Henry/France - Gyan just choked.

Hope Ghana win tonight though.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Has anyone else noticed that ITV Sport have been using the fantastic 'I Will Dare' from The Replacements' classic 'Let It Be' album as incidental music?

Well done to whoever is responsible. Let's have 'Androgynous' next.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Has anyone else noticed that ITV Sport have been using the fantastic 'I Will Dare' from The Replacements' classic 'Let It Be' album as incidental music?

Well done to whoever is responsible. Let's have 'Androgynous' next.

:oops: no I hadn't tbh but then I try to watch as little itv coverage (outside of the actual game time) as possible. Will look out for it now though!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Shearer just been saying that England Have Nothing To Fear. What a cock! Prob go out to somebody seriously dreary like Croatia :lol:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
He's going to have a job getting this through the turnstiles...

suarez.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here