Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup - Day Fourteen... The knockout stages begin.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Messi just took three players out the game and put the ball on a plate for his team mate.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Argentina have been very very average imo, can’t see them stopping Brazil
A win, always in control, no injuries, no bookings, minimal energy expended. That’s perfect tournament management. Absolutely zero point in anything else at this stage.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
  • Haha
Reactions: A1X

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Blimey they nearly did it

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
A win, always in control, no injuries, no bookings, minimal energy expended. That’s perfect tournament management. Absolutely zero point in anything else at this stage.
Doesn’t change the fact they’ve been bang average, they’ve crept past an Australia team who have a centre back from St Mirren.

They will lose to the first decent team they play.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Doesn’t change the fact they’ve been bang average, they’ve crept past an Australia team who have a centre back from St Mirren.

Messi laid the ball on a plate for Martinez to make it 3, 4, 5 to one. Crap finishing.

I agree.

But like England and England fans, they’re just enjoying the winning moment. If we’d beaten Australia to reach the WC last 8, you’d also never hear the last of it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Mac Allister is almost MOM on the BBC. Just behind Messi.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Argentina... Great fans, a team full of shit tattoos.

Now onto tomorrow.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Messi laid the ball on a plate for Martinez to make it 3, 4, 5 to one. Crap finishing.

I agree.

But like England and England fans, they’re just enjoying the winning moment. If we’d beaten Australia to reach the WC last 8, you’d also never hear the last of it.
I think from what I’ve seen so far, France and Brazil are the favourites, they are the teams who I’ve watched and thought they had another gear that other teams like Argentina, Holland, England etc can’t match

And Brazil can get to the semis by beating Korea and Japan/Croatia

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Maybe. But it’s a very open tournament, I haven’t watched Brazil* but every other nation has shown they’re beatable and/or have flaws.

*I’ll defer to @Weststander

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think from what I’ve seen so far, France and Brazil are the favourites, they are the teams who I’ve watched and thought they had another gear that other teams like Argentina, Holland, England etc can’t match

And Brazil can get to the semis by beating Korea and Japan/Croatia
That’s the final I see.

France has been trounced in nsc as woefully inferior to us. I guess by people who didn’t watch their first team play and just “hate the Frogs”. Tchouameni and others are the real deal.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Another cheeky 5 mill added to Mac’s value after tonight

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here