Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup - Day Four

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I appreciate the riskiness of this comment - but right at this second - the era of Spain and Germany dominating the major tournaments feels a long time ago.
Football is just more global these days, there are no easy wins. That said I'd be amazed in anyone outside European or South American is in the semi final

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Okay, so who voted for him on the Beeb page...
Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 16.45.20.png

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think they're the last team to qualify for the tournament, beating New Zealand in a playoff. Playing this Spain side is a horrible proposition for them, like a Championship side playing a full strength Man City.
Totally agree but the commentary is so condescending.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Costa Rica are usually decent. Remember the 2014 World Cup where they won the group battling Uruguay, Italy and England. Not quite the same level now but also not as weak as they might seem today - Spain are just very good.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He did, yes.

I think it's a bit much to say *HE* changed the game, but it's certainly true that the group of substitutions made by Japan, which included our boy, turned the game round.
MOTM according to the BBC online poll (yes, I know that poll is rubbish, but ..............)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Costa Rica are usually decent. Remember the 2014 World Cup where they won the group battling Uruguay, Italy and England. Not quite the same level now but also not as weak as they might seem today - Spain are just very good.
That’s 8 years ago.

Their striker plays for Sunderland, and aside from Navas none of the rest of their players play in the top European leagues.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Spain looking good, nice passing and movement. 4-0 and they are now able to rotate ..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here