Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup - Day Four

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
You do wonder when Rob will get his chance, and I don't mean just in this world cup. Being no.2 keeper must be horrible.
I doubt he minded at first, must've been amazing being part of such a successful squad having been on loan in League 2 not that long ago. I agree it would probably start to grate a little being permanently rooted to the bench for the second major tournament running (and every single competitive game in between).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Try listening to that awful South African (?) on the 5Live match commentary. To quote Nikki (RIP) from Big Brother series 7: “Who IS she? Who IS she?”
It's usually John Murray with his over the top nasal whining , be grateful !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Saw something on Twitter that Spain gave completed the most passes ever in a World Cup half .....Lord knows how many now ...oh, 7 -0 now !

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I doubt he minded at first, must've been amazing being part of such a successful squad having been on loan in League 2 not that long ago. I agree it would probably start to grate a little being permanently rooted to the bench for the second major tournament running (and every single competitive game in between).
He's going to have a long wait, unless Simon gets injured or starts having a few rickets - Simon's only 5 months older than our Bob!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
All this gushing by the commentary is fine. Spain are expected to thrash sides like this and Germany expected to beat Japan and so on........oh Japan won didn't they, so all the nasty little quips aren't necessary. We all watch the World Cup to see the unlikely results, the expected are just that, expected.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Squared up to each other bigtime at HT in studio in argument over Argentina penalty. Worth a look on youtube :lol:
Thing is they are both nasty pricks of the highest order. Waste of good air.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
You do wonder when Rob will get his chance, and I don't mean just in this world cup. Being no.2 keeper must be horrible.
I was thinking about this during the game. Outfield players are rotated, not all but most. Very good chance that in a squad of 26, 11 are picked and 5 come off the bench. Next game the 5 subs may change and by game 5 or 6 I reckon 20 players would get at least 30 minutes. But never the keeper. Poor Aaron Ramsdale could put a dummy of himself on the bench and go down to the fanzone for a beer. He needs two major injuries before he gets a game.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
My other half is Canadian and I’m moving there (eventually) - Western BC for any curious Canucks.

So I’m very much team Canada on this one. I’ll be watching in my Canada ice hockey jersey and Team Canada baseball cap!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Okay, who invited Costa Rica? CONCAF should have two slots, not four.
You mean the Costa Rica, population 5 million, that knocked out England in 2014?

CONCACAF is on the up... four teams is about right.
My other half is Canadian and I’m moving there (eventually) - Western BC for any curious Canucks.

So I’m very much team Canada on this one. I’ll be watching in my Canada ice hockey jersey and Team Canada baseball cap!
Think they have a very promising team and could be strong in 4 years and decent now, but think Belgium are going to beat the shit out of them tonight.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
You mean the Costa Rica, population 5 million, that knocked out England in 2014?

CONCACAF is on the up... four teams is about right.

Think they have a very promising team and could be strong in 4 years and decent now, but think Belgium are going to beat the shit out of them tonight.
Sadly agree. I hope we are competitive at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here