Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup - Day Fifteen... D-Day for England

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Anything less than reaching the QF would've been a disappointment to me, so they've hit my expectations already.
I agree but it is our 10th QF!

There really is a feeling watching that clinical and efficient performance in the last 60mins, England will have far more to offer when required and it will be against France.

Englands quarter final will have all the elements of a final for me - a great opponent, defending champions and definitely one of two favourites to win the WC imo - so nail biting stuff and if England are on form, could be the match of the tournament.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Question for the tacticians. How do we beat France?

Clone Bellingham? Double up on Mbappe?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’ve posted about ten times in the last three days.
18 posts this afternoon alone according to your stats :wink:

I’ll leave it here.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I personally think both teams are quite even, both have riches in attack and both have weaknesses. Just play your normal game and keep your fingers crossed in my advice! It will either end 1-1 or 5-4, which way I couldn’t say. It has the potential to be a game of the tournament.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It wasn’t imho.

The commentators and a load of nsc’ers felt there a complete tactics change on 35 to go long.
Obviously when you're being pressed a lot you look for a ball over the top. Dunk does it all the time, and Maguire does it for England. The keepers to it too. And they don't need the manager to tell them when to do it, it's always part of the plan. Not that any of our goals were from a long ball over the top.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

similar to tonight, defend deep, slow it down, let them chase the ball and waste energy, keep close to Mbappe don't give him an inch - eventually he'll get frustrated and run out of ideas, win the midfield battle (start Henderson).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here