Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup 2022 playoff

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So USG have been playing Mitoma wide left and Undav left striker in a pair with Vanzeir. It will be interesting to see how Potter uses these players with Trossard and Maupay.

Mitoma will be the toast of Tokyo tonight. His stock has just risen, while the Albion are struggling to create and score. This USG pair can't arrive soon enough.

Dont think Mitoma will be a starter... and not sure Trossard will stay.

But additional depth in that area is nice. Brighton really only has one player who is a creator in the last third of the pitch, and that is Tross so the team is very dependent on him having a good day which is far from always the case. Hopefully Mitoma & Khadra will add some depth in that department, with a new signing replacing the Tross.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Someone who shoots at goal ? He'd never fit in here.

I guess we'll drum those fancy ideas out of him in pre-season training though. He'll soon be Lallanaring it all over the shop.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Currently watching Australia v Japan in a massively important game. Aus need to win their last two to qualify automatically, otherwise it's the playoffs for them. Half time and 0-0. Japan look FAR classier and have hit the bar twice and missed another presentable chance. Australia have had a couple of good chances and a goal ruled out dubiously for a foul on the keeper. Good game.

Japan might be worth an each way punt at 400/1 on winning the WC if you can get those odds.
absolute shocker by matty for the japs second goal...:facepalm:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Dont think Mitoma will be a starter... and not sure Trossard will stay.

But additional depth in that area is nice. Brighton really only has one player who is a creator in the last third of the pitch, and that is Tross so the team is very dependent on him having a good day which is far from always the case. Hopefully Mitoma & Khadra will add some depth in that department, with a new signing replacing the Tross.

Khadra could be a good shout .

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Meh... FIFA are going to send Cristiano Ronaldo to Qatar through whoever they appointed as ref. I've seen Portugal in playoff games before... I rarely moan about refs but in those games they might as well appoint Ronaldo as the ref and it would look less silly than it has.

They would still need to beat Italy to qualify

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Have Japan now got a chance to qualify
They are now through.

I doubt you'll get 400/1 anymore but they look no worse than many mid-ranking European teams who will be about 50/1. They looked excellent at times and really should have won far more comfortably.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
They are now through.

I doubt you'll get 400/1 anymore but they look no worse than many mid-ranking European teams who will be about 50/1. They looked excellent at times and really should have won far more comfortably.

Every time Japan qualify, they always contribute something. Unlike us. I though the game they played against Belgium was the match of the tournament last time round

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Every time Japan qualify, they always contribute something. Unlike us. I though the game they played against Belgium was the match of the tournament last time round

Yep. I just looked at the odds on Unibet. They've still got Japan at 400/1 yet have priced Switzerland, Serbia and the USA all at 80/1. If I wanted to waste a fiver on an each way bet, Japan is the only bet I'd make of those 4 teams.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
FIFA is going to have a tricky choice soon when it comes to Ukraine.

That set of play offs have been moved to June, what are the chances of Scotland v Ukraine going ahead?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
What's happened to MAty Ryan, he was good once upon a time.

love his little jump for the ball at the start after the ball cannons off the bar.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here