Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] World Baseball Classic & Major League Baseball 2023

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Anyone else playing OOTP? (the baseball Football Manager equivalent)
Quite fun. Just two days of playing and I have already pretty much understood how this sport is played.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Anyone else playing OOTP? (the baseball Football Manager equivalent)
Quite fun. Just two days of playing and I have already pretty much understood how this sport is played.
Will have a look for that.
I always thought it was going to be quite a difficult sport to understand, but its actually pretty simple (much like American football tbh, even though everyone thinks thats really hard to understand) and it didn't take me long to pick up the basic rules last year.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ridiculously wild game at St Louis where Toronto took it 10-9 in the 9th.

Blue Jays jumped into a 3-0 lead in the first but that was as far ahead as either side got. St Louis eventually took a lead in the 7th with Toronto finally taking the lead again in the 9th, with the closer then preventing a hit for any of the three at bats.

I think both sides are going to have good seasons this year.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Glad Ive got Springer & Bichette in my fantasy team! 😀

As for my Padres...CJ Cron killed 'em! 😳
Amazingly I've ended up choosing the Rockies to follow (because I like their kit and a large portion of my favourite Stephen King book 'The Stand' is set in Colorado) and was pleasantly surprised to see them win. Apparently it doesn't happen too often!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Amazingly I've ended up choosing the Rockies to follow (because I like their kit and a large portion of my favourite Stephen King book 'The Stand' is set in Colorado) and was pleasantly surprised to see them win. Apparently it doesn't happen too often!
Not sure many gave them a chance of winning on Opening Day tbh....especially against a stacked Padres lineup :mad:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The Nats have started as I am sure they mean to go on a 7-2 defeat to the Braves. I think I have wasted £29.99 on the MLB app for commentary this season. Also WTF with that price increase!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Ok first bit of confusion for me, the Rockies played the Padres again yesterday? A day after the first game?
Teams play series against each other - typically three games in a row, but occasionally four and sometimes two. A team "on the road" will also typically play two or three series consecutively against teams who are geographically close, to reduce the amount of travelling.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Am i right in thinking the best watch this in the UK is the free games on the MLB app and BT Sport?
Yeah, probably - unless you want to fork out another £30 (I think) for MLBTV.
What you suggest is how I watch - and its more than enough for a casual fan IMO.
I read somewhere (here?) that BT also show "MLB Quick Hits" as well - which is basically a daily highlight show which you can set on series link so you dont miss anything.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Good to see the Padres getting into a groove over the weekend and squaring the series vs Colorado.
Thank god for Bogaerts giving them a kick up the a$$ though - without his early good form with the bat we may be sitting at 0-4 right now!
What a signing thats already proved to be.

Jul 7, 2003
Rockies are my adopted team having been to see them play while in Denver for the NFL. Since my visit they have been in a tailspin so went into this season with very low expectations so pleasantly surprised to see them win the opening two against the Padres but I'm sure that the two losses now will be more the norm for the season.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Following the Brewers this year again - the fellow who does the UKBrewCrew twitter account is an Albion fan coincidentally

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
F4160F4D-D9E7-4728-B9DC-BA2F60514697.jpeg

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
The Nats have started as I am sure they mean to go on a 7-2 defeat to the Braves. I think I have wasted £29.99 on the MLB app for commentary this season. Also WTF with that price increase!
Well you got one back yesterday but Braves looking good again.

Go Braves

MitomaFan

Feb 9, 2023
Angels looking good so far this year, but I'm a little conflicted. I'm more of a Shohei fan than an Angel fan, and I'm a little worried that if the Angels do well this year he'll be too loyal to switch teams, and then be stuck on a perennial loser the rest of his career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here