Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Work at stadium with extra seats: photos?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Just an observation but wasn't the stadium designed well before TB got properly involved?

and how long do you think that he has been involved with the club and been an influential figure behind the scenes?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I say knock it down and replace it with this:

brighton50.jpg

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The wheelchairs have been placed somewhere for their maximum appreciation. The fact that that (fairly poor) mock-up doesn't show the ESU in a manner you'd like doesn't follow it's wrong. The fact that you're comparing it with other stadia show you're approaching the whole argument from the wrong angle.

As for why things aren't the same on the West Stand...? Have you noticed the relative sizes and designs of the East and West Stand? It seems you want perfect symmetry. If that's your prime motivator, go to Southampton. Or Middlesbrough. Or Leicester. You'd love it there.

As for people comparing it with Bolton - I wonder if space was such a consderation when building the Reebok...? No, didn't think so. It's also completely irrelevant as well.

I certainly don't want a bowl type stadia as the ones you mention. Maybe you're right Al but at the moment the mock up is all we can go on.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Has your argument advanced beyond I don't like the look of it very much ?

No idea why your are doing the wind up merchant bit CG, I didn't disagree with people that were ok with the East Stand... flexing your internet muscles?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
No I would say we go on the official drawings and plans that have been posted on here, not a mock up based on guess work.

Ok, mock up and plans. I don't really see a difference apart from 3 rows of seats in front of the platform. They are most similar. The mock up probably exaggerates the gaps, but they both show more or less the same.

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
Just because one upon a time we had Withdean it doesn't mean that now we have to be happy with everything about the Amex and be over the moon by anything less than the best!

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I was sent these photos taken earlier today:

South East corner - South West corner - South East corner - East Stand

Attachments

• P1070451 small.jpg
    P1070451 small.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 263
  • P1070453 small.jpg
    P1070453 small.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 259
  • P1070457 small.jpg
    P1070457 small.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 273
  • P1070464 small.jpg
    P1070464 small.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 284

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
East Stand
P1070473 small.jpg

East Stand (Southern end)
P1070474 small.jpg

East Stand (Northern end)
P1070475 small.jpg

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I was sent these photos taken earlier today:

South East corner - South West corner - South East corner - East Stand

Great stuff. I don't envy the crane drivers and riggers jobs trying to lift in the prefabricated concrete section underneath the roof, as it's the construction equivalent of trying to squeeze a big fat jiffy bag envelope through a letterbox. They've got very little room to manoeuvre and have to take things slowly - one false move and a lot of very expensive seats could be ruined in the lower tier.

You'll note that they've taken down one of the big screens and stored it safely away to avoid it getting wacked by the crane jib.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Again, as I have been saying, I still believe the architects have done a shoddy job, it's almost like they have never built a stadium before. For 80 mill of someone's honest earned money I would expect something a little more polished.

Get real fella, it's a football stadium, and it has to be built within time and budget constraints . Martin Perry was the one who approved the design, and had Tony Bloom NOT come along the stadium would NOT have been built to the current quality level, but to a standard that would be less expensive and inferior in quality. You are now just starting to sound like that old fuddy duddy HRH The Prince of Wales.

This is a list of the projects the Architects have worked on :

Aberdeen Sport Village
Alexander House Hotel
American Express Community Stadium
Arora International Hotel
Ascot Racecourse
Barking & Dagenham College
Beckenham Beacon Hospital
Bentley Pavilion
Bolton Wanderers Training Academy
Caius House, Battersea
Centrica Source