Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Words with Friends' Super Cup - Draw, Rules, Fixtures and Results Thread

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Top work there BoF, thank you. Interesting seeing each persons goal (sorry point) differences and comparing with the other groups. Really shows how good Titanic and Bozza are

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Having played both, my money is with Bozza. Titanic is good, but Bozza is ridiculous

It's not false modesty when I say I disagree. Titanic's general style of play is different to mine - a lot more expansive. Even playing quite tightly and giving little opportunity for points scoring, Titanic would bosh in a long word, and regularly turned the modest DW into a 30-50 point haul, which is impressive work. And whilst doing that, he also seemed to have the knack of never leaving a vowel hanging next to a TL where a Q, Z, X, J or even an M, B, P or F can reap rich rewards.

I might have beaten him once or twice but it was a massive struggle and I always felt that I owed as much to luck as anything else.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Group D

Missing results/matches (as far as I can tell)

Surrey Jim vs Gazwag
Surrey Jim vs bristolseagull
MarcBHA vs Surrey Jim
MarcBHA vs bristolseagull
bristolseagull vs MarcBHA

Gazwag could sneak top spot if he has beaten/does beat Surrey Jim. Of course, Bristolseagull could spoil the party.

If only that game against bristolseagull hadn't crashed...I'd be top! Now looks like I'm going to be in the semi benny group!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes. I'm just trying to track down two results of yours.

I have...

BiscuitNSC 333 vs 425 Simster
Wa_Seagull 333 vs 425 Simster

:dunce:

I'm fairly sure I won my first ten but lost my last two, which curiously enough were against BiscuitNSC and Wa_Seagull.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It's not false modesty when I say I disagree. Titanic's general style of play is different to mine - a lot more expansive. Even playing quite tightly and giving little opportunity for points scoring, Titanic would bosh in a long word, and regularly turned the modest DW into a 30-50 point haul, which is impressive work. And whilst doing that, he also seemed to have the knack of never leaving a vowel hanging next to a TL where a Q, Z, X, J or even an M, B, P or F can reap rich rewards.

I might have beaten him once or twice but it was a massive struggle and I always felt that I owed as much to luck as anything else.

I definitely prefer the BIG WORD shootout games... but often the best scores are from the quirky little words with 2/3L and 2/3W's. I really don't enjoy the games that end up with nowhere to put decent words.

The average points per game scored by the top 4 in our group are all within 50 points... that's only a difference of one decent word per game.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If only that game against bristolseagull hadn't crashed...I'd be top! Now looks like I'm going to be in the semi benny group!

:lolol: That is unfortunate!

Group E (updated) and Group F

Attachments

• Group E.jpg
    Group E.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 110
  • Group F.jpg
    Group F.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 116

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield

will you stop banging on about it??

i would have smashed you up anyway, i was just teasing you....

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So how long do we wait before claiming a win - re waiting for SurreyJim to challenge for his home match for about three weeks

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Gah... Slick takes third place on PD in group E. Pretty chuffed I gave the league winner a thumping in one match though.

Sep 1, 2010
How anyone as good as me failed to qualify is beyond me :rolleyes: The first set of games played with a hangover, my bad i guess. Gutted

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So has this died a death now, I'm off on holiday tomorrow so even if SurreyJim does play my last match I won't be able to respond for a week, will there be knockouts ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here