Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Words and phrases that signal that someone is an idiot.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Any journo (or Pope) that automatically prefixes "atheist" with "militant" or "aggressive".

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
edit cant put that on here someone will get the wrong end of the stick.

i am liking. makes you sound like you learnt english from latka gravas.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
When completing a form after the question what sex are you, the word "female".

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
My god, how pathetic are some people? Get a life! it's a free country....

I know it's probably a bit unfair but when i see the phrase " it's a free country" i generally feel it's safe to dismiss the accompanying opinion as complete bollocks as generally it's used by pig shit teenagers or Alan Brazil types and the person has no idea what the phrase actually means or how it might apply to the situation they are commenting on.

:lolol::thumbsup:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I hate "its a free country" too. Its not. We've got no single document that guarantees our human/civil rights. Its Parliaments country that thus far hasn't infringed too much on basic rights. So, its a free country my arse.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
I know it's probably a bit unfair but when i see the phrase " it's a free country" i generally feel it's safe to dismiss the accompanying opinion as complete bollocks as generally it's used by pig shit teenagers or Alan Brazil types and the person has no idea what the phrase actually means or how it might apply to the situation they are commenting on

Similarly i switch off after the use of "so-called". A favourite of US religious cranks and readers of the Daily Express, and often used in conjuction with the word experts. eg The so called experts would have us believe that the mmr jab is perfectly safe.

Anyone else have any trigger phrases.

When someone doesn't use any punctuation whatsoever :D

" ******** is the greatest country in the WORLD"
ALWAYS expressed by people who have barely been anywhere.

"I might as well be DEAD"
From someone whose relationship just finished, lost a job, or whatever other comparitively trite event is happening in their ordinary life.
Look you facile person, there are people born disabled, who will never get the chance to have any form of love-life.
Some can't even cross a room to make tea. Others lost limbs in wars, blinded by chemicals or car accidents, etc.
Your life will go on and your emotions will recover to make similar mistakes or otherwise. Get over it, pull y'self together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here