Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Woodgate news and Spanish defender from Arsenal?

MrK

Jul 4, 2011
Me again, just came on to report some news, apparently the certain player who took the tour of other stadium (you know the one) came in for 'talks' earlier today (Wednesday) according to a couple of colleagues from the stadium so i presume chats are still ongoing.

Also was told earlier today that a Spanish defender from Arsenal is coming in on Friday presumably in talks for a loan move?

I'll keep you guys posted if i hear any other interesting developments.

Mr K :amex:

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
Ignasi Miquel is an 18 year old centre back who started several games for Arsenal last season (I think FA cup games?) and is reserve team captain. Also a spanish U-19 international. I don't know of any other spanish defenders they have.

I wouldn't have said this is someone that would get loaned out to a Championship team, but its getting tougher and tougher for a young person to come through at Arsenal due to the pressure they have on them for not winning trophies. There is talk of Arsenal buying Cahill or Samba or both. They have Vermaelen, Djourou, Koscielny ahead of them as well, and Kyle Bartley who is very highly rated but may also go out on loan again to Rangers, and Squillaci who made a lot of high profile gaffes and is a bit ridiculed.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Is Liam Brady still involved at Arsenal?

I was hoping that his links with Dick Knight and of course us would see some very good Arsenal youngsters heading our way. Of course we have had the two right backs (Joe and Gavin) that didn't really cut the mustard for us. Hopefully with the 'better' coaching staff we can get more promising youngsters coming our way. :)

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Hope this happens. What I have seen of Miguel looks good. Decent size and can play with the ball at his feet. Also fairly quick which is a big omission from our present back line.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Me again, just came on to report some news, apparently the certain player who took the tour of other stadium (you know the one) came in for 'talks' earlier today (Wednesday) according to a couple of colleagues from the stadium so i presume chats are still ongoing.

Also was told earlier today that a Spanish defender from Arsenal is coming in on Friday presumably in talks for a loan move?

I'll keep you guys posted if i hear any other interesting developments.

Mr K :amex:

Don't bother you wind-up merchant. Complete bullshit from A through to Z with your July join date. Jog on.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Wasn't Dickov on loan to us from Arsenal? Five goals in eight games. Know nothing about the arsenal fella but would prefer someone with a bit of experience. Amongst all the excitement I' still nervous about the back.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Who was that gubbins full back with the name that was pronounced quite differently to how it was spelt?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here