Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Woodgate news and Spanish defender from Arsenal?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
woodgate is going to stoke

That story is from the Yorkshire evening post a few days ago, the mirror have picked up on it and given it some legs. Woodgate may struggle to get ANY Premier league teams because of the 25 man squad, clubs may be scared of committing one of their spots to a player who played half an hour of football last season, and only 3 games the season before.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Don't bother you wind-up merchant. Complete bullshit from A through to Z with your July join date. Jog on.

Nice one!! Perhaps there should be a different forum for "superior than everyone" posters ,such as yourself. The requirement could be a minimum number of posts with a percentage of over 50% abusive to other posters and so little else in their lives they accumulate a huge number of posts. NSC is becoming soooooooooo elitist.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Nice one!! Perhaps there should be a different forum for "superior than everyone" posters ,such as yourself. The requirement could be a minimum number of posts with a percentage of over 50% abusive to other posters and so little else in their lives they accumulate a huge number of posts. NSC is becoming soooooooooo elitist.

NSC has always been elitist................... you just have to persevere to become one of them :)

MrK

Jul 4, 2011
Don't bother you wind-up merchant. Complete bullshit from A through to Z with your July join date. Jog on.

Complete bullshit? I was the person who first mentioned the fact Woodgate was given a stadium tour and others have also heard this news and backed me up. Unless you think we're all lying....

And yes he may be going to Stoke now, presumably they hadn't signaled their intent until now. Kind of glad tbh, i wasn't supposed to say who he was but got a little over excited with an ex Real Madrid player possibly joining us :amex:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think the report of him going to Stoke is a bit of a sideshow as I really don't think Woodgate will go there when they seem likely to sign Scott Dann from Birmingham and are already quite well off for big defenders. If our interest in him is genuine, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, and if we believe he can get reasonably match fit and stay that way, then I think we have every chance of getting him .........................

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Was Woodgate at Spurs when Gus was there? When fit he would be a class apart in this division, literaly the best defender in the league, and if he's on a pay as you play I would more than welcome him.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I think the report of him going to Stoke is a bit of a sideshow as I really don't think Woodgate will go there when they seem likely to sign Scott Dann from Birmingham and are already quite well off for big defenders. If our interest in him is genuine, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, and if we believe he can get reasonably match fit and stay that way, then I think we have every chance of getting him .........................

Exactly, probably agent talk. As i said before i dont think any Premier league team will take a chance on him.

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
Me again, just came on to report some news, apparently the certain player who took the tour of other stadium (you know the one) came in for 'talks' earlier today (Wednesday) according to a couple of colleagues from the stadium so i presume chats are still ongoing.

Also was told earlier today that a Spanish defender from Arsenal is coming in on Friday presumably in talks for a loan move?

I'll keep you guys posted if i hear any other interesting developments.

Mr K :amex:

Wasn't the player in the Falmer web cam photo Calderon holding up the shirt after signing a 3 year deal? Just a guess but it fits well.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Woodgate off to west Ham is the latest I read

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Ignasi Miquel is very highly-rated at The Emirates. Like Marshy said, he must be pretty decent, if he started in some cup games last season.
I seem to remember Owen Coyle wanting him to be included in the Gary Cahill transfer, but Arsenal are willing to let him go yet.

Is Hoyte back at Arsenal now or has been released to a crap North London Club like Barnet?!

Rocky Robin

Nov 15, 2010
Is Liam Brady still involved at Arsenal?

I was hoping that his links with Dick Knight and of course us would see some very good Arsenal youngsters heading our way. Of course we have had the two right backs (Joe and Gavin) that didn't really cut the mustard for us. Hopefully with the 'better' coaching staff we can get more promising youngsters coming our way. :)

Brady still lives in Hove........apparently he said no Arsenal player would come to Albion while we are at Withdean coz of the pitch and facilities. He now expects 3 players rotating through the season on loan as we are at a proper ground and as Gus plays the Arsenal way!

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Brady still lives in Hove........apparently he said no Arsenal player would come to Albion while we are at Withdean coz of the pitch and facilities. He now expects 3 players rotating through the season on loan as we are at a proper ground and as Gus plays the Arsenal way!
Fabregas, Nasri and Wilshire would be nice...!!!!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Can understand the facilities, but nothing wrong with the Withdean pitch! Good news re Arsenal youngsters. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here