Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Wooden flooring

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The new vinyl click flooring is pretty good (wood effect) and I’ve just laid 80 m on a job but it’s not cheap at 40 nicker plus underlay

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I have to say I'm horrified by the price people have paid on here. My mates rates is £120 cash a day for painting, papering, tiling, making cupboards, fitting units, hanging doors, flooring etc. But I don't drive and can't be bothered to leave Walthamstow for work. I used to decorate for £20 a day when I lived in Brighton 20 years ago. I should have stayed and milked NSC members for a large fortune.

we have a spare room, with record player and records . . . .

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Wooden flooring

Does anyone have any recommendations on floor fitting ? we've had oiled engineered wood flooring for 16 years now, looking to replace and get a better job done this time ie cut door frame bottoms, remove skirting etc.

We're looking at T&G oak parquet, 45m2 ( a bit more than a 5 minute job ) we've sourced the flooring but need a fitter, with advice on underlay/prep they're happy with to get thew right result.

Mrs Zef spoke to a few local companies, 2 never replied and one came back with a price 3 times the cost of the wood . . .given its about 5-7 days work I thought that was a bit rich.

lett the suggestions/humour roll in . . . :mad:

parquet flooring is the most expensive timber floor on the market , it will need to be glued down , sanded , then 2 or 3 coats of product ......dont go for the hybrid parquetry floor , its utter shite . Mark Smart , Smart flooring , Worthing lad ....he's on FB.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
We're using engineered oak on a new 45 sq metre floor. Bought it ourselves for £1680 and having it fitted by a local guy for £900.

Friends of ours had a laminate floor laid recently over a similar sized area and paid almost £7000 for the privilege.

About 10 years ago we found some really good beech T&G flooring that had been part of a school gym in Scotland, at a really cheap price including delivery. We took the nails out, peeled off the basketball court tape, sanded it down and it looked like new. Too much like new actually.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here