Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wood wanted at the Amex...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
First of all I really like your club and the way it is run. Also the new stadium is amazing. Just reading this topic and I am afraid to say that I am amazed at some of the views on Woodsy. For people to say that they dont want him permentely is a joke, do you really think you would have any chance at all of him signing permentely anyway? He is a very promising international player who can do great things, a loan would be lucky for you again I would suggest.

Honestly, my Baggie friend, you're more than welcome to him... he may be promising, but it appears none on here want him to play the role of anything more than a bench-warmer next season... I personally think he is not even good enough for that... all about opinions...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
First of all I really like your club and the way it is run. Also the new stadium is amazing. Just reading this topic and I am afraid to say that I am amazed at some of the views on Woodsy. For people to say that they dont want him permentely is a joke, do you really think you would have any chance at all of him signing permentely anyway? He is a very promising international player who can do great things, a loan would be lucky for you again I would suggest.

most accurate post on the whole bloody thread :)

Baggie79

Jun 21, 2011
Hi mate. Welcome.

Upon his return from China, he was poo. Before that, there was a touch of Bambi on Ice about him, but at times he really did do well, despite what some are saying.

As for thinking we would have a chance of signing him, yes we could - no arguments - IF we wanted to. However, my personal feeling is that I doubt that there is the will within the club to spend what would be necessary. Not at the moment, anyway.

I was not trying to belittle your club as I really like them and none of us West Brom fans are Billy big spuds but CW would cost a lot of money (Millions) that I just dont feel you would want to spend on him at the moment.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I was not trying to belittle your club as I really like them and none of us West Brom fans are Billy big spuds but CW would cost a lot of money (Millions) that I just dont feel you would want to spend on him at the moment.

I certainly agree with that...

Baggie79

Jun 21, 2011
Is Falmer all done now? I hope we get you in the cup as I cant wait to see it, it looks great from all the tv stuff.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Couldn't trap a bag of cement, so bad in the air he'd be outjumped by a pigmy and has less vision than Stevie Wonder....I think we can manage without him thanks!

Baggie79

Jun 21, 2011
Couldn't trap a bag of cement, so bad in the air he'd be outjumped by a pigmy and has less vision than Stevie Wonder....I think we can manage without him thanks!

Football is all about opinions but if this kid stays fit he will be a top player and clubs can take the price or pass at their own liberty. We are certainly in no rush to sell him as he will be class.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Honestly, my Baggie friend, you're more than welcome to him... he may be promising, but it appears none on here want him to play the role of anything more than a bench-warmer next season... I personally think he is not even good enough for that... all about opinions...
You've have to excuse B.W. my friend. He is the boards retard. Just read a few of his replies, and you'll see what I mean.

All boards have them.

He seems to be today most "special" poster.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
You know what, from that epic, I conclude that you think Wood is a better bet than Barnes... you give NO explanation as to why, so I assume it is because you have a very twisted view of Barnes (our player)...
Oh dear. I think someone needs to call nurse! We've got a right wet one here.

How can you explain something to somebody that makes a SERIOUS point that it is easier to get in New Zealands Squad than Brazils, or that a player is DELUDED because he wants to prove himself at a club that have him under contract??

Last edited:

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Football is all about opinions but if this kid stays fit he will be a top player and clubs can take the price or pass at their own liberty. We are certainly in no rush to sell him as he will be class.

I do think he will grow into a very good player but don't go thinking you have got a world beater on your hands or you might be disappointed.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

I think you are absolutely right. Unfortunately some people think that at 19 he should be the finished article ( we have the same issue regarding 21 year old Ashley Barnes who has just completed his first full season and missed a fair few chances as well as scoring 20 goals). Woody looked tired at the end of the season but he had played more games than ever before and with inernational duties as well it is little wonder he "hit the wall". His movement off the ball and vision are good for a youngster and although he doesn't use his height or physique as well as he might (or will learn to) he is faster than people give him credit for and strikes the ball cleanly and well. As it stands he will become a good footballer. He needs to decide whether to be an out and out striker or more of a target man - at the moment he gets caught between the two roles trying to do both and that is too much for someone as inexperienced as he still is. If he learns to head the ball he will become a very good footballer indeed.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Chris Wood has several of the attributes that you need to make it in the game, he is far from the finished article. He'll be a good player one day.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I think you are absolutely right. Unfortunately some people think that at 19 he should be the finished article

I don't expect him to be the finished article but I do expect him to have mastered the basics.At times Wood looked a half decent player....in league one. He may take a few giant strides with his consistency & performance but even with a short purple patch never looked like he was heading for greater things.

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
I'd be more excited at taking him permanently than on loan. He's got, in my opinion, a pretty big future ahead of him & will end up playing regular Premier League football one way or another. He's only 19 & West Brom fans & staff seemingly rate him highly.

However, I doubt he'll be available permanently & although I'd have him in the squad if given the chance, I wouldn't wnat him as a starter next season. If we get him on loan, that's what he & West Brom will be expecting so I'd say thanks but no thanks to a loan move.

Couldnt agree more, I think he could be something when he grows into his strength. He seems to have a positive attitude also.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Really don't want the lump back! Can't do this 'he is only 19' rubbish! In my opinion he is not good enough and I don't think he ever will be and as for the baggies fan saying he is worth millions..............:laugh::laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here