Wood wanted at the Amex...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
f*** off!!:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Don't ever acuse anyone of twisting things, and then type something like that, after all the other shit you've posted. Leading the line?

You are out of order what you have said about Wood's own personal opinions, when its clear you haven't got a clue, and people have assued me of digging myself a hole.

It's also now very clear, you hear something, and think about it, and then think you've heard someone completely different to what you have heard.

Give it up mate. Either come back when you know something, or just give it up.

Wow! You really need to visit anger management Mr Burns... I have made it clear I would not want us to sign Wood... I have given my reasons why... if you don't agree, then fine, but there is no need for your constant insults and ill-thought-out rants...

Viva Calderon

Apr 29, 2010
Na Wood's didn't impress me at all he bearly got into a sweat in any games he started might be OK for Div One or Two? But we need players to take us Forewards, Onwards and upWoods! don't think Woods could ever do that for us !!! Me thinks a nice couple of quality South American Strikers are long over due at the Albion!! Viva! Viva! Gus! Viva! Viva! Gus!

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Er, I think you said he was 'utter utter gash'.

Indeed, I don't remember anyone suggesting that.

OK, I also think we could do MUCH better for a backup striker... to repeat, I am expecting that we will sign 2 other strikers better than Barnes, and maybe even Hoskins, for next season...

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
OK, I also think we could do MUCH better for a backup striker... to repeat, I am expecting that we will sign 2 other strikers better than Barnes, and maybe even Hoskins, for next season...
Back up striker? I thought he was leading the line??:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Oh god, you're cracking me up:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Are you for real:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Seriously though, are you a teenager. If you are I'll stop, as I think it could be classed as bullying. If your not, then you derserve all the mocking you get :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
No thanks, wasn't very impressed at all, spoke to some Barnsley fans on the way back from Huddersfield last season and they said he was one of the worst players they've ever seen when on loan last season.
I think we'll sign a big name striker, and then somebody else like Jason Scotland, which i'd be very pleased with. Wood was a target man, but hardly ever won a header, and his hold up play was very limited, given his poor touch and lack of skill. He wasn't complete and utter shit, but no way is he good enough for the Championship IMO, certainly better options available on a loan.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Wow! You really need to visit anger management Mr Burns... I have made it clear I would not want us to sign Wood... I have given my reasons why... if you don't agree, then fine, but there is no need for your constant insults and ill-thought-out rants...
Stop reapeating what other people say. I think the:lolol::lolol: suggest I'm not angry.

Seriosuly I have not laughed this much for a long long time. It's classic.:lolol::lolol::lolol:

There you go again, " ill thought out". Sound familair:lolol::lolol: Your a classic:lolol::lolol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It is. But obviosuly not important enough to apply it to yourself:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

:lolol: Oh, I've got to stop, I think my sides have just split :lolol::lolol:

Hello Again Mr B,

And what shortcomings are you referring to there?

That I provided my opinion that he is not good enough for the Championship?
That I shared the reasons why?
That I have failed to bite on your pathetic insults?
That I argued my case despite the fact that you seem to have no coherent argument?

Well?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Hmmm... lot of questions there Commander... realising your own shortcomings is an important skill... so is building on your strengths... unfortunately, Wood has an abundance of the former...

Rubbish. I realise that I am not good enough to play in the Premier League, 5-a-side on a Weds night after work with my mates is about my level. However, if I had a contract at a Premier League club and was trying to break into the team, then I would believe that I was good enough to do it, or why would the club be paying me good money and investing time in coaching me? For anyone to suggest that as being 'deluded' shows them to either having very low self-confidence themselves, or to just be talking complete nonsense.

How many players have worked their way up from the lower leagues to the top level? Quite a few. What about DJ Campbell? Should he have thought (at 23, 4 years older than Wood) '"I play for Yeading, I must be shit, I better not get any ideas above my station", or should he have believed in himself, kept working, kept listening to the coaches, and kept having that self-confidence and belief that he was good enough to make it?

I would say that the fact he has just spent a season playing in the Premier League earning thousands and thousands of pounds a week would suggest that the latter option was the better one to take.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sign him because although he may not lead the line for us this year, he could give a vital contribution as a squad player, and his young age and high potential means that he could lead the line in a few years. More of a longer term investment.

I wouldn't be so keen to take him on loan as I'm not sure we'll see as much of a benefit from him in a short period of time.

Got you... although my take is we need to make 2 striker signings for the here and now, and so he would be well-down my shopping list, as you probably gathered! :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He reminds me of Darius Henderson when he was here, if he's ever gonna make a real go of it he needs to be far more forcefull in the air and when challenging. For such a big lad he always struck me as being a bit wussy

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
What he was like when he played for Barnsley is completely irrelevant.

Watford fans thought Liam Bridcutt was shit when he played for them. But... so what?

True, but it's rare that fans are that wrong about a player. I just thought he offered very little, couple of goals which were more the fault of terrible goalkeeping, and a couple of penalties. I'd be dissapointed if he was one of our strikers next season.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
So why sign him? And why would West Brom loan him out to sit on our bench?

Do you suggest we only have 2 strikers, who will play every game then?

Well according to you, because he is shit and is deluded that he can ever play for them.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Woody is keeping his options open , if he doesn't make the 25 man WBA squad he thinks there maybe a chance of playing for us as a loan player. Another player in the north-east did exactly the same with a come and buy me plea.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Back up striker? I thought he was leading the line??:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Oh god, you're cracking me up:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Are you for real:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Seriously though, are you a teenager. If you are I'll stop, as I think it could be classed as bullying. If your not, then you derserve all the mocking you get :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

No, Mr B...

I am NOT a teenager...

Try and keep up:
What I said earlier was that he was not good enough to lead the line for us...
I then went further and said we could do MUCH better for a backup striker...

Don't worry about the thought you might be bullying me... you just come across as someone who needs help...

Back to the Wood argument:
I think the bulk of people on here are on my side, in the sense that they agree he is not the best striker option for us... although, to be fair, there are some who think he is good...

Your argument either way seems to be inconsistent, but it would be great if you stuck your neck out... do you want him back or not?

Try putting together a coherent argument on the Wood topic instead of failing to conduct a character assassination on me...

You never know, you may have something worthwhile to say... :thumbsup:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Stop reapeating what other people say. I think the:lolol::lolol: suggest I'm not angry.

Seriosuly I have not laughed this much for a long long time. It's classic.:lolol::lolol::lolol:

There you go again, " ill thought out". Sound familair:lolol::lolol: Your a classic:lolol::lolol:

Ah, I see... you put lots of smilies in your posts rather than words, so that means you are controlling your anger problems...

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
That's brilliant

Really?
I'm pretty confident that in general, if a large proportion of fans think a player isn't good enough, then he probably isn't. He take away 2 goalkeeping howlers, and a few penalties, Wood contributed very, very little. Certainly I wouldn't want him being one of our striking options next season. We need a player with the strength to hold the ball up, that's seemingly Woods game, but he doesn't do it very well at all. For his size and build he was poor in the air and was easily fought of the ball.
It's all my opinion, disagree if you like, but i'm confident he wouldn't score many goals in the Championship against bigger and better defenders.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Wow I came back and read through the last 4 pages to just see two idiots hijacking a thread to argue because they have different opinions. Cool.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What he was like when he played for Barnsley is completely irrelevant.

Watford fans thought Liam Bridcutt was shit when he played for them. But... so what?

It is NOT completely irrelevant... rather, it is the best indication we have of what he will do in the Championship... oh, that and we've seen him play poorly in L1, of course...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports