Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Wood Burners - price and installation advice

D

Deleted member 2719

They are just a fad, one of our neighbors got one then all the others decided to get one.

Filthy smog causing things should be illegal IMO.

We will go out at 8.00 to clap for the heroes and the smoke will be bellowing out and choking us all.

All i hear when outside now is neighbors chopping up wood and most of them are knocking on.

I would give it the swerve.

If only i was joking.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
They are just a fad, one of our neighbors got one then all the others decided to get one.

We will go out at 8.00 to clap for the heroes and the smoke will be bellowing out and choking us all.

All i hear when outside now is neighbors chopping up wood and most of them are knocking on.

If only i was joking.

:lolol:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Nearest mains gas is 5 miles away, bottled forget it, we have oil central heating though cheaper last year prices are rising and generally expensive, live on a private country estate surrounded by woods. Free wood.

If your nearest mains gas is 5 miles away , why do you live , in the woods ?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

If only i was joking.

The smoke from mine goes up in the air so I dont choke anybody

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

D

Deleted member 2719

The smoke from mine goes up in the air so I dont choke anybody

Thats what they all say. :flypig:

They all have long exterior flues, going up to the apex of the roof, but the wind swirls it around and when you go out the front door there is a strong stench of smoke. It can set my asthma off. It's only been recent years that this has happened, it makes no sense why people buy them. Seems like a materialistic reason only imo.
Can you tell me what their benefits are?

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
I had one of these when living back in Georgia. Very efficient and helped reduce the Central heating spend. I added a high speed fan to help push out the warm air.
Got all my wood free. When we had power cuts you could actually boil a kettle and fry egg on the outside shelf.

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 4.07.08 PM.png

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

If only i was joking.

What are neighbors?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
We got this wood burner installed 10 years ago and it’s the very best thing. I always wanted an open fire but with this you can have doors open to have the real fire crackle etc but with doors closed you still see the fire but it’s super efficient.

https://www.clearviewstoves.com/stove-details/clearview-650

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irishsea

Jan 7, 2021
Wood pellet stove would be my recommendation, still has a nice flame to look at, much better environmentally as fully sustainable fuel, expensive to install but heats the whole house and all our water for around 6.00 euro a day.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I'm thinking of getting a wood burner for my front room. I currently have an open fire.

I'm sold on More heat efficiency, less use of logs, will look better, improve value of house, warmer house even if not burning apparently .

On other hand its expensive to install c £1700 , not exactly green, and there is something about open flames not behind a glass door ...

Any NSC experience, advice , thoughts ?

We are buying this stove: https://osoliving.com/product/morso-4043/. We have three stoves, and are getting rid of an awful mixed fuel Chinese job that doesn't light easily and never gets going. Our sweep cum installer rates Morso and says this is an excellent price (I compared with other sites and the saving seems genuine). We wanted a circular stove for the look of it; he is installing next week.

They are not eco, albeit improving, but are a lovely feature. Having an Aga, we find that and wood burner suffices instead of central heating when it is not very cold - open the doors and let the heat spread.

Tip: light the fire using the parallel logs method: https://www.tips.adurofire.com/know...ighting-a-fire/how-to-light-a-fire-correctly/. Works every time, and needs no kindling if you have good dry logs.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011

If only i was joking.

What really annoys me is when I’m sat in front of my raging multi fuel burner while burning both coal and logs is having to listen to a load of clapping noise usually on a Thursday at 8pm. Usually it’s so loud I have to turn the tv up.

Yes I’m joking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here