Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Wood Burners - price and installation advice

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
There's certainly a backlash against them. Unfounded in my opinion. See this article for some much needed perspective:

Unfounded in your opinion as a chimney sweep judging by that link

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Don’t bother getting a wood burner not if you are contemplating selling soon . Over half of all people I’ve done viewings with don’t like them and it puts them off the room . Objections range from environmental to safety and just plain ugly .

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Don’t bother getting a wood burner not if you are contemplating selling soon . Over half of all people I’ve done viewings with don’t like them and it puts them off the room . Objections range from environmental to safety and just plain ugly .
I take it you are an estate agent rather than an English teacher?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Always fancied a log burner but have no chimney and can’t be arsed with cleaning etc. Anyone got any recommendations for electric “log burners”?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Always fancied a log burner but have no chimney and can’t be arsed with cleaning etc. Anyone got any recommendations for electric “log burners”?
Don't need a chimney, as they can be vented against an outside wall. Just looking into this at the moment.
As for 'electric' log burners....sorts of defeats the object IMHO

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
We have a wood burner and an unused room behind the room that has the burner, was thinking we could use the heat from the burner into the empty room and use as a drying room, anyone done anything similar? Wouldn't know where to start really.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We've just had a bioethanol stove fitted...haven't actually got it working yet and waiting for a replacement, but we have high hopes!
That really not the best recommendation. Here’s the link to the pile of shit that cost me a fortune and doesn’t work 🤔

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here