[Football] Women's World Cup

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We're fated not to win this WC.

Haiti should have had at least two penalties in injury time. Gutted.

We go again next week against the Chinese. They looked shattered physically at the end.
Any team with a really mean defence and a quality keeper will always have a chance in this tournament.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
A cracking goal!
Until then, the highlight of the game, for me, was when one of the Colombian girls tried to pour a water bottle over her head to cool down... and completely missed. :)
Each to their own and all that, but this has been a brilliant match ( imo of course )

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The BEST game of women’s football ever! Colombia take a bow.
Not sure I'd quite go that far - Canada 3 USA 4 AET 2012 Olympics Semi-Final stands out for me - but yes, it's definitely a shock result.

Huge credit to Colombia for taking their chance at the end having been pegged back, but Germany were wasteful. 14 shots, but only 2 on target.

Germany should still qualify though if they beat a poor South Korea as their GD is so much better with the 6-0 first game victory.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Freestyler

Jul 29, 2023
Has there been any talk about how women footballers have shown up the men by not diving, feigning injury, not playing just for zillions of pounds etc as is normally the case when people use tournaments like this to be misandristic ? From the seconds I have seen of the studio pundits I haven't seen any males. Are there none in this world cup?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Has there been any talk about how women footballers have shown up the men by not diving, feigning injury, not playing just for zillions of pounds etc as is normally the case when people use tournaments like this to be misandristic ? From the seconds I have seen of the studio pundits I haven't seen any males. Are there none in this world cup?
ITV"s pre-publicity included 3 men, none of them in front of camera. The BBC's included 2 men, both coaches of women's teams. It's good to see that, for the women's game unlike the men's, the pundits are required to have been involved in the competition they're covering.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports