NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Picture of the day, always happy to see the Aussies in agony 😂
IMG_0738.jpeg

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I think she would be very good and no reason why she could not do it. But why would she want to? The sh!t that would come and the torrent of abuse from misogynistic tw@ts would not be worth it. She has a very high profile job and doing it fantasically well.
Why would she want to?

In short, money, although I'm not saying here that money would or should necessarily be a deciding factor for her more than anyone else.

She's currently on around £400,000 per year. A bonus of £200,000 came with the Euros win.
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...wiegman-gareth-southgate-salary-b2135740.html

When this is compared with Southgate's reported increase from £3m to £5m in November 2022 and the astronomical amounts that elite domestic managers receive, it could be argued that she's being grossly underpaid purely on performance.

Of course, there are other factors in place here surrounding the FA support and overall sustainability of the women's game, and general interest level from the paying / viewing public (high in tournaments, increasing but still generally low in most week-by-week domestic fixtures) that may play a role in deciding her salary.

I don't disagree with your other points made, although I'd like to think even though there's still a long way to go, things have improved somewhat and it's the noisy minority that give the majority a bad name, just like it's always been with football fans.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Look like the club enjoyed it :ascarf:

Good to see!

Would be great if they opened the club up for the final on Sunday but given that they couldn't even open 30 mins early for the quarter final its probably unlikely...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think she would be very good and no reason why she could not do it. But why would she want to? The sh!t that would come and the torrent of abuse from misogynistic tw@ts would not be worth it. She has a very high profile job and doing it fantasically well.
Off to Chelsea for £300m a season, is what I heard from a SAUCE...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm glad it didn't finish 2-2 at full time. As Australia won the last match they would have demanded to go through to the final..

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Every time she was bearing down on goal especially in the first 70 mins I almost couldn't watch shes so clinical. She did tire, and obviously isn't fully match fit yet - they'd have taken her off if they could've done. That one chance before our third goal I think if she'd been fully fit she'd have at least got it on target
If she’s fully fit I don’t know if England win that game. Hell even if that wasn’t her first start I think it’s a much harder game. The sheer volume of chances she creates is ridiculous in itself

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The bunting will be out Sunday. Apart from me and the dog no one will see it but the thought is there.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Good to see!

Would be great if they opened the club up for the final on Sunday but given that they couldn't even open 30 mins early for the quarter final its probably unlikely...
I'm not sure why anyone would want to go to the Amex on a non match day. I can't think of anywhere I'd rather NOT watch the game.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Nice.

Seeing that has reminded me that there seems to be a complete lack of any betting advertising at this tournament. None at the stadiums and none on the ITV coverage commercial breaks. I'm assuming that is deliberate.
Don’t think they are allowed to advertise betting sites at 8am on TV

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports