[Football] Women's Euro 2022 Final- England v Germany 31.07.2022- OFFICIAL THREAD

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
White's not done anything so far to suggest that she should be staying on the pitch. Booked for dissent, blazed a shot over.

The in-form Russo should give a lot more movement and threat when she invariably comes on early 2nd half.

It's not been a great game skill-wise, but it's certainly got a competitive edge to it.

And the ref's doing her best to make it unpredictable.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Very physical game, no quarter given.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Absolutely loving this. Haven’t wanted England to win so much since 1990 xx

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
In my assessment we look good back to goal, winning freekicks and getting bodies around the ball in midfield. We look less good with what we do with our set pieces so far. We look far dodgier defending them, and that goalmouth scramble was really fortunate for us to not concede.

Never quite sure what this referee is going to do, so we have to be smart. Very physical game though and if we don’t compete we’ll get bullied. It’s such a fine line to tread.

I’d get Russo on around the hour mark if still level, she can change the game for us. White physical as always but offering no outlet when we get forward.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Stanway very, very lucky there

Bit concerning with that late challenge too.

Thankfully the ref's inconsistency was further inconsistent.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I see Klinsmann has grown his hair so he can masquerade as the women's manager.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not a great first half, very physical but both teams are a bit too defense-minded.

England being the slightly better team in first half but Germany should have had a penalty.

Could go in any direction this, but if it is a draw after 90 min I think Germany wins it.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The clumsy challenges have been generally been seen as cynical by the ref, and the cynical ones viewed as clumsy.

She's not having a great game.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All to play for in the second half.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
These ladies are doing a mighty fine job so far.

That Millie Bright is showing Harry Maguire how to defend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports